adding new module that spans courses

adding new module that spans courses

by Robby Abney -
Number of replies: 4

Hello.

I had a question regarding new modules.  Is there a way to add a module that a teacher/admin can save spanning all of their courses?

In other words, if a teacher added this "module", then they could see it in all of their courses without having to re-create it for each of their courses.

If you need further clarification on this, please let me know, but I greatly need help in this area!

Thanks!

-Robby Abney

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robby Abney

Re: adding new module that spans courses

by Przemyslaw Stencel -

I think it's an interesting idea, Robby.

<daydreaming>

Imagine a discussion forum that spans a few courses and the students of all of those courses can work together. Imagine a book or a resource that spans a few courses and when modifying it, the teacher doesn't have to worry about keeping up with different versions. Imagine...

</daydreaming>

What do others think? Would it be useful? Would it be possible to implement?

In reply to Przemyslaw Stencel

by Leonhard Küllinger -

So we can discuss about the quality of polish daydreams  Breites Grinsen-

very good -

in addition wish from above: Copying configuerd moduls from one course into an other ...

end of daydream:

my backup doesn´t work so far, i don´t know the reason (already posted) traurig

nice greetings from austria

power on moodle

In reply to Leonhard Küllinger

by Audun Hauge -
I like both ideas. I often find myself copying lessons/resources from one course to another (and back again after updating the copy).

A lesson that was linked into two (or more) courses would be nice. I can't for the moment think of a way to do this without changing the tables for either lesson or course. Sounds like this is something that could be added as a feature-request on the bug-tracker.

Copying modules should be easier to add as an 'add-on' (block?).
I thought of making a block that allowed you to copy in any lesson that had 'public_copy_allowed' in it's description into your own course.

In reply to Przemyslaw Stencel

by N Hansen -
Definitely very useful to me at least...