I had created a new Active Forums Block which allows users to view forum activity in a tag cloud. The most active discussions will be displayed bold and large while less active discussions are less prominent. This will help users to differentiate and track the discussion activity over a certain period. The block links directly to the active discussions.
Teachers can configure:
- the block name (to allow multiple instances of the Active Forums block),
- how many days of activity to display, and
- a few other settings.
- Do you believe poor feedback and lack of communication can discourage students who are engaging in forums?
- Do you believe students can become lost in forums when they browse?
- What do you think of the current Moodle Forum activity?
- What impact can forums have on interaction between teachers and students?
- Will online discussion in forums replace face-to-face interaction in education?
- Did you find the Active Forums block simple to understand and use?
- Do you think the Active Forums block will draw students into discussions?
- Will the Active Forums block clarify forum discussion activity?