Upload bulk user

Upload bulk user

by adam mcfarlane -
Number of replies: 2

Hello can anyone please help me regardinh uploading bulk users via .csv file please?

The issue im having is trying to upload users into multiple courses. Some of the users are only to be enrolled in one course while others are enrolled in several. If i leave 'course2' blank for the users only enrolled in one course i get an upload error. Is there something i need to add to course2 field to allow the upload to complete without actually enrolling everyone into two courses? Or is the only option to have seperate .csv files for users needing 1 course and users needing 2+ courses?

Thanks for any help

Adam

Average of ratings: -
In reply to adam mcfarlane

Re: Upload bulk user

by John Andrewartha -
From my understanding of the csv you can not have a blank field. You probably need to use different csv file for each course. sad
In reply to adam mcfarlane

Re: Upload bulk user

by Ro Eng -
I have completed some bulk uploads with multiple courses (and some students not having as many). I do not recall having this issue. When I get to work I will check one of my old csvs and try it out and see what happens. If it works.. I will be happy to share the template. Now, I do recall having some issues with csvs and have had to find unwanted characters etc and it was usually in my labels/headings