Chatarea (moodle 1.1 development 2003053000)

Chatarea (moodle 1.1 development 2003053000)

by Herbert Keijers -
Number of replies: 6

On my test server i tried the chatarea from cvs (5 days old)

•  IE6 returns following error :
    Fatal error: Failed opening required './phpmychat/localization/{$CFG->lang}/localized.chat.php' (include_path='.:/php/includes') in /var/www/html/moodle/mod/chatarea/phpmychat/lib/index.lib.php on line 66

I use the dutch language. Noticed only an English and Spanisch subdir in
    /mod/chatarea/phpmychat/localization
    Shouldn't {CFG-->lang} than default to English ?
    (debug mode on/off makes no difference)
  • When watching the chatarea with Mozilla 1.3 , the browser gets further, I can chat but the following error is returned :
     Database error: Invalid SQL: SELECT usr.username, usr.latin1, usr.status, lastname FROM mdl_chatarea_users usr ,user WHERE user.id=usr.userid AND usr.room = 'Chat Room' AND ca_id='1' ORDER BY username
    MySQL error: 1146 (Table 'moodle.user' doesn't exist)
    Session halted.
  • Using konquerer (as browser) on the testing machine I got no error ... (but no smiley's).
    Using Mozilla 1.0.1 on the testing machine I got the same error as Mozilla 1.3 on a remote machine.

I'm a bit confused ...thoughtful.gif

I understand the chatarea is in development but mayby someone recognises this ...
Should I wait for the moodle 1.1 end release to fix it ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Herbert Keijers

Re: Chatarea (moodle 1.1 development 2003053000)

by Patrik Nilsson -

I am also getting the message

IE6 returns following error :
Fatal error: Failed opening required './phpmychat/localization/{$CFG->lang}/localized.chat.php' (include_path='.:/php/includes') in /var/www/html/moodle/mod/chatarea/phpmychat/lib/index.lib.php on line 66

But only when I try to access it from outside the firewall, if I am on the intranet accessing the server I get into the chatroom.

So my conclution was it has something to do with the firewall. Have yet not figure out what.

In reply to Patrik Nilsson

by Antti Immonen -

My contribution...

Warning: main(./phpmychat/localization/{$CFG->lang}/localized.chat.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in ./phpmychat/lib/index.lib.php on line 66

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './phpmychat/localization/{$CFG->lang}/localized.chat.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in ./phpmychat/lib/index.lib.php on line 66

angry.gif

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Note that this isn't going to be the official chat module, it's the "chatarea" module. It probably won't be in 1.1, as there is another chat module coming. It's in CVS purely for developers who want to hack on it.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Antti Immonen -

Thanks Martin, noticed that...

How do i remove it? Delete module and clear database tables? No tricks?

But i got experience how to add modules. Is this the way when you want to upgrade Moodle to next version? Is there any (simple) instructions for that kind of upgrade where old courses transfer.

by Huib van Wees -
Hi,

I'm running Moodle twice (for different site's).
Chatarea in moodle 1 says:

Fatal error: Failed opening required './phpmychat/localization/{$CFG->lang}/localized.chat.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /srv/www/htdocs/moodle/mod/chatarea/phpmychat/lib/index.lib.php on line 66

Chat area in moodle 2 says: (after it starts)

Database error: Invalid SQL: SELECT usr.username, usr.latin1, usr.status, lastname FROM mdl_chatarea_users usr ,user WHERE user.id=usr.userid AND usr.room = 'Chat Room' AND ca_id='1' ORDER BY username
MySQL error: 1146 (Table 'rkcx.user' doesn't exist)
Session halted.

I did upgrade to the latest language packs in both Moodles.

Will this be fixed?
Or is it "just" beta and I should not bother anyone?

I tried to remove it, using Admin -> Manage modules -> Delete
But the results in this error:

Could not delete the Chat Area with id = 57 from section 118

Is it removed?
Can I remove it by hand or something?

Kind Regards,

Huib