Security Question Requirements

Security Question Requirements

by Brant Wells -
Number of replies: 1
Due to new demands placed on our Online department, we have been asked to require our students to answer a security question before allowing them to take a quiz.

For instance, Sally Jane wants to take my ACCT 101 (Accounting 101) Final Exam (set up as a quiz). She clicks the link and a new form pops up asking her one of several security questions that she had already answered.

If she answers the question correctly, then it allows her to proceed to the exam. If not, then it asks her (possibly another security question.

Before I go trying to write a plugin or modify the Quiz code, I am just curious as to how others may be doing this?

We are using moodle v 1.9.9 build 20100616

Thanks!
~Brant
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brant Wells

Re: Security Question Requirements

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I have seen discussion of this before a few times over the last few years, but I don't know if anyone has actually implemented anything.

If you want to try implementing this, then look at how the quiz password in implemented (which is mostly in attempt.php in Moodle 1.9.) You could probably use custom User profile fields fields to store the ansewrs to the security questions.