Since upgrading, texts link automatically to wikis

Since upgrading, texts link automatically to wikis

by Ulrike Albers -
Number of replies: 5

Hallo,

Since upgrading, a text which corresponds to the name of a wiki page, automatically links to the wiki...

This is ennoying, because I can't (and don't want to) control how students call their wiki pages...

I think this is good for glossary articles (it will usually be relevant) but not at all for wikis: usually, it won't be relevant at all (exemple: every time the word "notes" appears, it links to a wiki page called "NOTES", every time that the word "table" appears, it links to a wiki page called "TABLE")....

Do you know how to avoid this auto-linking ?

Thank you....!

Ulrike

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ulrike Albers

precision

by Ulrike Albers -

Maybe this was not really clear: the links are EVERYWHERE, not only inside wikis.

Re: precision

by Teresa Gibbison -
Hi Ulrike

It sounds like words are linking to resources (not just the wiki) in courses. If this is the case and you don't want this check the Resource Names Auto-linking filter via Site ► Administration ► Modules ► Filters ► Manage filters

If you're not the administrator of the site, check with that person. If this autolinking needs to be set at the site level you can use the 'prevent autolinking' button (http://docs.moodle.org/en/images_en/d/d6/Ed_nolink.gif) on the html editor to prevent this behaviour.

I hope this helps smile
Cheers
Teresa
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Teresa Gibbison

by Ulrike Albers -

Hallo Teresa,

Thanks a lot for your answer !

I just checked it, and it's turned off; besides, the auto-linging is anywhere (in labels, for example).

Would you have any other idea ? Should I turn off wiki-page auto-linking ??

Thank you...!

Ulrike

Attachment filters.jpg

by Teresa Gibbison -
Hi Ulrike
yes, I would suggest turning off Wiki Page Auto-linking and checking to see what happens. we have all of these Auto-linking options enabled and just teach our staff to prevent auto-linking using the icon on the html toolbar where required. Most staff like the auto-linking!

Cheers
Teresa
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Teresa Gibbison

by Ulrike Albers -

Hallo Teresa thanks a lot for helping me !

I thought that filter was necessary for wikis to work, but I turned it off, and everything is still working fine !

Auto-linking is a nice option, I agree - it's just that in my case, I couldn't decide anything (this happened after upgrading; before the texts didn't link and so I had never used the icon to avoid it - I hadn't even seen it :D).

Thanks again !

Ulrike