alternate function for isadmin() in moodle2.0

alternate function for isadmin() in moodle2.0

harish kumar -
回帖数:8
hello all! i need a help reg isadmin() function which is not working in moodle2.0 is there any alternate function to check whether the admin is logged in or not.
回复harish kumar

Re: alternate function for isadmin() in moodle2.0

Paul Holden -
Core developers的头像 Moodle HQ的头像 Moodle Workplace team的头像 Particularly helpful Moodlers的头像 Peer reviewers的头像 Plugin developers的头像 Testers的头像
is_primary_admin() still exists, plus there's get_admin() and get_admins() wink
回复Paul Holden

harish kumar -

thanks Paul Holden but all the three are not working to check whether the admin is logged in or not in moodle2.0 ,as i want to display the category names which are assigned to that user only in index page but admin should display all categories so in that i need to use this code so,i need help in this regard.

回复harish kumar

sam marshall -
Core developers的头像 Peer reviewers的头像 Plugin developers的头像
If this is just a permission check, use has_capability('somecapability', $currentcontext)

The traditional admin check is:

has_capability('moodle/site:config', get_context_instance(CONTEXT_SYSTEM))

You can also use require_capability (when processing requests which should give an error if users don't have this permission).

--sam

PS There might be some specific cases where you need to know if a user is the primary admin, but actually I can't think of any except some already handled in core code...
回复sam marshall

Lavanya Manne -
Plugin developers的头像

Hi Sam Marshall I need a teacher capability to check login user is a teacher? If teacher, I want a different Home Page i.e, my custom page If student, a different page. Before we're using isteacher() function, Could you suggest me in Moodl2.0? Thanks Lavanya

回复Lavanya Manne

sam marshall -
Core developers的头像 Peer reviewers的头像 Plugin developers的头像

Sure, here's my suggestion: go into define roles screen. Look at capabilities that teacher have, and compare with student to see ones student doesn't have. Pick a capability that seems appropriate.

If no capabilities seem appropriate, create a new one.

--sam

回复sam marshall

Lavanya Manne -
Plugin developers的头像

Hi Marshall,

Thanks for your reply

I tried them, but there is no such capability for checking loggined user is a teacher?

回复Lavanya Manne

Mark Johnson -
Core developers的头像 Particularly helpful Moodlers的头像 Peer reviewers的头像 Plugin developers的头像

There are plenty of capabilities that a teacher will have but a student won't, e.g. the ability to edit the course page, or the ability to enter grades.  Following Sam's instructions will show you which particular capabilities to look for programatically.

If you're trying to establish the role of a user whereever they are (i.e. not just within a partiuclar course) you'll need to assign them a role in the system context and check for a capaibility given to that role.