Resources do not display on front page

Resources do not display on front page

by Jenene Cook -
Number of replies: 6

Hello,

I am using Moodle 1.8.4 (soon to move to 1.9.8 smile) and I have administrator access.

I am trying to add a resource (course syllabus) to the introduction block on the front page of a course and it will not show up no matter what I do.  It is listed in the resource list (multiple times, one for each time I tried) and I can click on the link and view it from there, but it will not show up on the front page. 

I tried to add other resources such as labels, text files, and other files in different blocks of the course, but none of them show up.

Any suggestions?

Jenene

Attachment resource_list.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jenene Cook

Re: Resources do not display on front page

by Jenene Cook -
This is the only course I am having this problem with.  It is a course that was restored from a Spring 2010 course backup file.
In reply to Jenene Cook

by Teresa Gibbison -
Hi Jenene
Can you provide a screenshot of the top section of the course? There could be something in that Summary that is preventing these being displayed. Check the html code behind the top section summary for anything that looks wrong, eg an end tag that doesn't have a start tag etc.
Cheers
Teresa
In reply to Teresa Gibbison

by Jenene Cook -

Sure, here it is.  It doesn't  matter which block I try to add the resource to, but that's a good idea to look at the html code.  Thanks!

Attachment SSI_222_DL_Front_Page.jpg

by Jenene Cook -

here is a better screen shot...

Attachment ssi222.GIF
In reply to Jenene Cook

by Teresa Gibbison -
Hi Jenene
How did you get on displaying your resources? I can't see what is happening with these screenshots but resources added to this top section should be displayed below the existing word document links...
Cheers
Teresa

by Jenene Cook -

Hi Teresa,

I added the resources just like any other time and they are NOT showing up on the front page - anywhere.  That is the problem and the reason for my original post.

I've given up on solving the issue since we're moving to Moodle 1.9 in September. 

Thanks,

Jenene