Importing Text Columns

Importing Text Columns

by Andy Click -
Number of replies: 1
Hey folks,

I've been looking all over for an answer to this one, and sadly can't seem to find anything conclusive.

I've been trying to use the "Import" feature in the Moodle grade book with a CSV file (one that was exported from a Moodle Database module). Since most of the fields in the database are "Menu" types and correspond with custom Scales within the course, there's no problem, but there is one field that's just a short text entry, and Moodle refuses to import it for some reason.

The preview works, will show me exactly what I see in the CSV file itself, but when I take the next step to import, it tells me that there's an error with the "grade type" in the first cell of the Text column.

I've tried creating a grade item in Moodle as a "Text" type, and then importing the grades directly to it, but I get the same error.

I've attached the CSV file I've been using. It's the "Faculty Advisor" column that refuses to import. I've had similar trouble with any Text column I've tried to import into Moodle from CSV.

Any help would be greatly appreciated smile Thanks in advance!

- Andy

In reply to Andy Click

Re: Importing Text Columns

by Elena Ivanova -
Hi Andy,
Text fields will import into the Feedback area of the grade item only (even if the grade item is set to text)
So, if you have a manually added column in the gradebook "Faculty Contact", then during Import please map your CSV "Faculty Contact" to the "comments for Faculty contact"