Is there a glossary importer that supports HTML or formatted text?

Is there a glossary importer that supports HTML or formatted text?

oleh Peter Evans -
Jumlah balasan: 4
I am wanting to import a glossary of reusable comments which I use when marking assignments. Some of these comments contain links, images (the images are all located on another web server), tables and formating. I've attached a small example as a word document containing a table with the first column being the name of the comment and the second being the content of the comment.

How is the easiest way to import a glossary where the glossary entry contains formatted text?

Thankful for any assistance,
Peter Evans

Rata-rata penilaian: -
Sebagai balasan Peter Evans

Re: Is there a glossary importer that supports HTML or formatted text?

oleh David Fountain -

Not tried it, but I would do a search and replace for the < and > symbols and put in their place some arbitary code (eg lessthansymbol and greaterthansymbol) use one of the importers that exist in this forum, and then go directly to the database and use SQL to replace the 'code' with the appropriate symbol...naturally I would test this on an empty glossary first wink

Although I wrote one of the importers I've not actually used it with tags...so I might try it first to see what happened...

so I did...appears it works big grin, you find the importer by clicking on my picture. Needs to be in html, so you'd need to code where the images are stored, but give it a go?

oleh Frank Ralf -
Hi Peter,

See Import and export FAQ for some pointers. IMO every text based import format (GIFT or XML) should be able to handle HTML tags, but you might need to escape some special characters.

hth
Frank

oleh Yulia I -
I managed to convert through Moodle XML Converter without images.
Lampiran 2010-07-08_124701.png