searching ONLY current wiki version

searching ONLY current wiki version

by Murad Jamal -
Number of replies: 0

consider this scenario in wiki search:

the search feature in wiki module searches in all versions of the wiki, but, the search result displays only a link to the latest wiki version (current wiki) only, after the search process, when the user clicks on the result link (wiki link) it would display the current version only and the user may get confused because the current version may not contain the word he was searching for, but when the user navigates to history tab, and goes through old versions of the wiki, he will find the word he was searching for in one (or maybe more) old versions of the wiki (and of course the word will not be highlited for this case so the user would search for it manually). so for this scenario, the result must display links for old versions of the wiki if these versions contain the search word.

so I think the search wiki feature is unreasonable if this scenario happens (and it really happened with me), is there a way to search for words ONLY in the current version of wiki and then display the link for this wiki?

should I change something in this line of code:

if (!isset($_REQUEST["content"]) && ($dquery["version"] = @$_REQUEST["version"])) {

$dquery["forced_version"] = $dquery["version"];

}

this line is on mod/wiki/ewiki/ewiki.php file ..

thank you so much in advance.

P.S. moodle version 1.9.9

Average of ratings: -