Cant upload a pdf to my course

Cant upload a pdf to my course

by Heather Keyes -
Number of replies: 13
My version of moodle is 1.9.9. I am trying to add a resource that is a pdf. I am in edit course in the topic section and I find the file then click to upload. It seems to start to download but it says its accessing my website home page. "sending request to txls.state.....(my website). i pulled the file from my computer not from my website.I have also tried this on the administration home page under file and no such luck. This is the actual course content and it is absolutely vital. Is there a way to upload the file directly to a the web directly somewhere? Once it stops I get and error of the following
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Heather Keyes

Re: Cant upload a pdf to my course

by Heather Keyes -
I have also attempted to upload a word file that is minuscule and it acts like it is processing it but then no file is uploaded. I get a done message on the bottom of my screen(not in moodle).

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
So are you saying you can't upload anything to your course? Is this a new problem or have you only recently noticed it?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Heather Keyes -
It has been a problem from the get go. I have tried adding a file with just one word in it. what i have been able to do is to add a link to an external file but this is not very easy and my teachers need to be able to add the resource to moodle and then link it in the course. I have tried pdf and word files. I followed the instructions precisely on how this is done. I think it is trying to go through the website to get the file.

by Heather Keyes -
I am getting the error
Missing a temporary folder

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Ok Heather - well - I am not a technical person but it would appear you have some issues with your installation of Moodle. You talk about it "going through the website" Do you have a website and a Moodle installed on the same server? Do you have ftp access to the server so you can see how Moodle has been installed?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Heather Keyes -
I do have access. Everything seems to fine. I found a post on this issue and it says that its a permission issue but I don't seem to have that problem. Another possibility is to upload a php file and I am working on that.My moodle is isntalled on my Shared Web hosting server.

by Mary Cooch -
can you ftp into a course? What sort of php file were you thinking of uploading?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Heather Keyes -
Well this is really the only posting that I see that relates. check it out and see what you think. I do have FTP access
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=102581

by Jon Witts -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Can you create a phpinfo file and upload it to your server? Then we can see how PHP is configured on your server and probably help you some more.

phpinfo#Displaying_phpinfo_outside_of_Moodle

Jon
In reply to Jon Witts

by Heather Keyes -
I followed the directions and when I try to open the file I get the error :No input file specified.

http://www.txls.state.tx.us/info.php.

by Jon Witts -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
OK, so "no input file selected" is your web servers way of telling you the file you tried to look at is not there.

Are you sure you have uploaded that info.php file to the root of your website?

Is it definitely named info.php?

What software are you running for your webserver?

Have a read of this article to see if it helps... http://www.iis-aid.com/articles/trouble_shooting/no_input_file_specified

Jon

In reply to Jon Witts

by Heather Keyes -

by Jon Witts -
I can't see anything there that directly relates to why you would not be able to upload files; but your PHP memory limit should be set to 40M minimum really; at present it is set to 8M. Can you get that value increased and see if it helps?

Jon

See: admin/environment/php_setting/memory_limit