Invalid JSON string

Invalid JSON string

by tim larcombe -
Number of replies: 10
Ummm . . . does anyone know what this means. It was tring to add a media file to a resource page and it kept coming up with this error message. I have media plugins enabled and have tried several different file tyes but it just comes up with this

EDIT - I have tried this a bit more and it is mainly FLV files that it comes up with this message. I have checked I they are enabled.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to tim larcombe

Re: Invalid JSON string

by Tom the Teacher -
Same problem. If I want to add a file to the course then using the file picker to select a video or audio to the courseI get this error.
In reply to Tom the Teacher

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Tim and Tom,

I've just tried adding an mp3 file to the Features Demo course on the QA Testing site and had no problem at all. Are you using the latest Moodle 2.0 preview 4 for testing? (I came across a couple of invalid JSON issues - MDL-19272 and MDL-23153 but they have both been fixed.)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Tom the Teacher -
I think it is because of the browser. I have since discovered that JSON errors occur in IE and Opera but not in Firefox or Chrome. Let me know what you find. smile
In reply to Tom the Teacher

by Philipp Pavelka -

Hello,

I've just set up Moodle 2.1+ (Build: 20110713) which is running alongside with Moodle 1.9.10 in a VM.
1.9.10 works fine but with 2.1 I get the same JSON errors when trying to upload files with the filepicker. 

The error occurs with Opera 11.50 build 1074 and IE 9. 
No problems with IE6, Chrome 11 & FF 3.6. Didn't try more wink

I don't know whether it's a bug on the browser's side or if it's still same Moodle bug.
According to the bug tracker all the opened issues mentioning this have been fixed.

Anyone else still having  the problem and maybe knows a solution?

Thank you & kind regards

In reply to Philipp Pavelka

by Philipp Pavelka -

Can anyone confirm this issue?
Moodle is running on a Windows Apache (Xampp) Server.

I've just updated to build 20110726 and the problem persists.  

by ces moce -

i have the same problem, did you find a solution?

by ces moce -
i opened a bug tracker on moodle for this but what closed immediately with no solutions....
In reply to ces moce

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Presumably it was closed as a duplicate because this issue has already been reported.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by ces moce -

no it was closed bescause it report an error from the server but i think this is wrong.