using curl to bypass login page

using curl to bypass login page

by harshal mundiwale -
Number of replies: 10
I am trying to post user name and password to the login page as below:

$ch = curl_init();

$data = array('username' => 'harshal3', 'password' => 'harshal3', 'submit' => 'Login');

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, 'http://192.168.101.69/moodle199/login/index.php');
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $data);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION ,1);
curl_exec($ch);
curl_close($ch);

This is not working. Debugging revealed that it successfully redirects to http://192.168.101.69/moodle199 after authentication but on http://192.168.101.69/moodle199/index.php, the $USER object is getting lost and hence login fails at "require_login()".

Thoughts why the $USER object is getting lost??

Thanks..
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to harshal mundiwale

Re: using curl to bypass login page

by Nati Flo-La -

I'm having almost the same problem... did you find some answer of WHY is this happening? T.T

In reply to harshal mundiwale

by Milo LaMar -

Did you try giving it form headers? This is just a guess for you to test.

$httpheader=array('Content-type: multipart/form-data', ...);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, $httpheader);
In reply to Milo LaMar

by Nati Flo-La -
Actually, the curl part is working fine, the data is received by Moodle and it creates a valid session (i'm returning the whole SESSION object for debugging, and its complete), though, when I redirect to the moodle index page I'm not logged in anymore. The $USER object isn't there anymore. I'm guessing the moodle session depends on the curl session, so I need a way to keep it alive while I redirect to moodle.
In reply to Nati Flo-La

by xitrum xi -

You can write a shell script or do the commands manually:

Login:

curl -b cookies.txt -c cookies.txt -d "username=user&password=pass" -i www.yourmoodletest.com/login.php

That would do a POST to www.yourmoodletest.com/login.php passing username=user&password=password as parameters. And cookies will be saved to cookies.txt

Then you can request a page over and over with the returned HTML:

curl -b cookies.txt -c cookies.txt -i www.yourmoodletest.com/index.php

Hope this help you.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to xitrum xi

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi,

the same could apply to the original PHP code, adding the cookie handling as per your CLI example:

// -b/--cookie <name=data|file name>
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE, "cookies.txt");
// -c/--cookie-jar <file name>
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_COOKIEJAR, "cookies.txt");

Never tried but it should work: the temp cookie file, cookies.txt, should be removed before a new login will be required.

HTH,

Matteo

In reply to Matteo Scaramuccia

by Nati Flo-La -

I tried the CookieJar option but it didn't work either.

I finally settled for a simple POST using simetric encription for both sides (and some other validations)

In reply to Nati Flo-La

by Eugene Voevodin -

Hello,

Would you be so kind to share the solution?

Thanks

In reply to Eugene Voevodin

by Leo Moraes -
$cc = new cURL(); $URL = "http://............../login/index.php"; $login= $cc->post($URL,"username=xxxxxxx&password=yyyyyyyy"); $URL = "http://............/mod/lesson/view.php?id=41"; $content= $cc->get($URL); echo $content; class cURL { var $headers; var $user_agent; var $compression; var $cookie_file; var $proxy; function cURL($cookies=TRUE,$cookie='cookies.txt',$compression='gzip',$proxy='') { $this->headers[] = 'Accept: image/gif, image/x-bitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg'; $this->headers[] = 'Connection: Keep-Alive'; $this->headers[] = 'Content-type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded;charset=UTF-8'; $this->user_agent = 'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0)'; $this->compression=$compression; $this->proxy=$proxy; $this->cookies=$cookies; if ($this->cookies == TRUE) $this->cookie($cookie); } function cookie($cookie_file) { if (file_exists($cookie_file)) { $this->cookie_file=$cookie_file; } else { fopen($cookie_file,'w') or $this->error('The cookie file could not be opened. Make sure this directory has the correct permissions'); $this->cookie_file=$cookie_file; //echo "escrevendo o cookie"; @fclose($this->cookie_file); } } function get($url) { $process = curl_init($url); curl_setopt($process, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, $this->headers); curl_setopt($process, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0); curl_setopt($process, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, $this->user_agent); if ($this->cookies == TRUE) curl_setopt($process, CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE, $this->cookie_file); if ($this->cookies == TRUE) curl_setopt($process, CURLOPT_COOKIEJAR, $this->cookie_file); curl_setopt($process,CURLOPT_ENCODING , $this->compression); curl_setopt($process, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 30); if ($this->proxy) curl_setopt($process, CURLOPT_PROXY, $this->proxy); curl_setopt($process, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1); curl_setopt($process, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1); $return = curl_exec($process); curl_close($process); return $return; } function post($url,$data) { $process = curl_init($url); curl_setopt($process, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, $this->headers); curl_setopt($process, CURLOPT_HEADER, 1); curl_setopt($process, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, $this->user_agent); if ($this->cookies == TRUE) curl_setopt($process, CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE, $this->cookie_file); if ($this->cookies == TRUE) curl_setopt($process, CURLOPT_COOKIEJAR, $this->cookie_file); curl_setopt($process, CURLOPT_ENCODING , $this->compression); curl_setopt($process, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 30); if ($this->proxy) curl_setopt($process, CURLOPT_PROXY, $this->proxy); curl_setopt($process, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $data); curl_setopt($process, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1); curl_setopt($process, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1); curl_setopt($process, CURLOPT_POST, 1); $return = curl_exec($process); curl_close($process); return $return; } function error($error) { echo "
cURL Error
$error
"; die; } } //class
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to xitrum xi

by Kamal Das Gupta -

I was getting same problem related to curl. I was trying to invoke REST APIs from one linux box to another through curl. But whenever i executed the curl command, I was getting redirected to the login url, instead of the API url. Following the steps mentioned by you solved this problem. Thanks smile

In reply to Kamal Das Gupta

by Luca Sabbatini -

@Kamal, please post the solution, rather than just saying that it worked for you. Thank you.