Can log in at home but not at school!

Can log in at home but not at school!

by Stephen Parker -
Number of replies: 5

I have been developing a Moodle site for my local school and suddenly I have not been able to log in on the school computers.  I am able to log in on my computers at home.

Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stephen Parker

Re: Can log in at home but not at school!

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
You say "suddenly" Were you able to log in before? What message do you get when at school? Where is your Moodle hosted - on a school server, with a webhost? On a server you have at home? Is there any chance it has been blocked by your school or county's filtering system? (not at all ridiculous, believe me!)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Stephen Parker -

I have been using moodle at school for a while (6 months) we use palmhost.ca with no problems at all.  I have been able to log in with no problems at all.  It's just the last 2 weeks which I have been having problems.

When I try log on, I see the normal log on page, I type in my username and password - click on 'log in' and I am returned to the 'log on' page.  If I type a wrong password I get the message saying that the password is wrong.

I try 3 different computers at home and everything works the way it should.

I have been advised my our IT tech person that settings have not been changed.

by HJWUCGA INC. -
Stephen,

Have you tried a different browser on the same computer?

If one of them works, you may have installed a plugin that affects the cookies or sessions when you try and login to moodle on the browser that is having problems.

by Buddy Ethridge -
We've had similar issues in the past. Most times, it turns out to be a DNS or firewall issue. Also, as Mary pointed out, if your school has a white/black listing service, make sure that your host IPs are all physically put on the white list, as we had an instance where our host's domain ended up on some black list (erroneously, but it still affected our usage).

Just some thoughts. Hope you get it sorted out.

by John Fisher -
We were having this issue as well, with Internet Explorer 8. The solution was to disable "Regenerate session ID on login" in Admin -> Security.

I found the solution here, and posted a thread asking if there's a better fix here.