Buttons - keep stacking vertically!

Buttons - keep stacking vertically!

by Kate Rhodes -
Number of replies: 5
Hi there,
I'm creating several lessons and I want my "Back" and "Next buttons to appear side by side, not stack vertically. I've tried selecting "Arrange Branch buttons horizontally?" over and over again and it still won't put the buttons horizontally. I also clear my cache constantly to make sure it's reflecting my changes.
I don't know what's wrong. I've created tons of lessons and never had this problem.
This is a new Moodle site that we are working on, and this is first lesson we are trying to create on this site.
We're running Moodle 1.9.8+ and I'm running the "light blue" theme right now, but I've tried other themes and the buttons do the same thing.

Thanks!
Kate
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kate Rhodes

Re: Buttons - keep stacking vertically!

by John St -
try adding this to the bottom of the css file:

div.branchbuttoncontainer.horizontal form {
display: inline-block;
}
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to John St

Svar: Re: Buttons - keep stacking vertically!

by Carl R. Christiansen -
WOW!

Had the same problem myself. Solution was excellent.

However, when I wanted to do the change, I noticed that I had several CSS-files in my theme folder: reset.css, RTL.css and several stylesXXX.css. Added it to the first one (reset.css) - and it worked!

Thanks, C!
In reply to John St

by Chris Mattson -

I had same problem.  Now it's gone.  My life is better.

Thanks John St

In reply to Kate Rhodes

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Kate,
Had the same sort of issues once. John St gives the right suggestion. I had to point out to the Web site administrator that someplace the Moodle CSS code was being over ridden. Evidently this is while they call it Cascading Style Sheets smile

My lessons looked one way on the same Moodle version on a local host, but not when I uploaded them to the production site. I think (I just dabble) that the Web site (and the Moodle site) administrator was "branding" and somehow this impacted Lesson. The site admin fixed the problem (not sure how) and apologized. My guess is that one of the higher level CSS files tweaked the code out in the branding process. It happens.

Thanks John.

Chris
In reply to Chris Collman

by Kate Rhodes -
Awesome! It worked perfectly. Thank you.
I would have never figured that one out on my own... smile