multiple answer by same user simultaneously

multiple answer by same user simultaneously

by Daniel Costa -
Number of replies: 14
Hello everybody,

I want to have a feedback in which some persons could log in with the same password and complete the form. My problem is when two persons enter at the same time the second get the continue answering string and also cannot start from the beginning, because the form shows up with the previous answers by the first in entering it.

I hope this is not weird to understand, but I would like to have the feedback with multiple answers for a user to behave as a feedback to guest user, where nonetheless one guest start to respond, the other get a new instance of the form.

I was looking into complete.php, complete_guest.php and view.php but as my php understanding is quite little I couldn't get a clue in what I need to change.

Any ideas?

TIA

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daniel Costa

Re: multiple answer by same user simultaneously

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi Daniel,

you can use an anonymous feedback. Then all answers will be saved separate.

Andreas
In reply to Andreas Grabs

by Daniel Costa -
Hi Andreas,

thanks for your answer.

The problem is that some persons will be answering the feedback at the same time, so what is happening is:

person A login with pass: 1234 and start to answer

person B login with the same pass and start to answer

when person B enter the form it see the answers from person A already filled.

After some tests the only situation I see this don't happen is when both are guests. But I cannot use this option, as I'll use the username to know from where this person is answering the feedback, so more then one person will use the same pass at the same time.

Any ideas?

TIA

In reply to Daniel Costa

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi Daniel,

the problem is that the feedback, if it is nonanonymous, saves only one post per user.
If more than one users work with one account, in my opinion, only anonymous feedback makes sense.
If you use some groups of users who should be separated you can use groups in the course and set the feedback to use groups.

Andreas
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Daniel Costa -
Hi Andreas,

Thank's for the answer

I understood your approach. I could use anonymous feedback if two persons using the same user could see two instances of the form without any field marked when they start the feedback. This happen when the user is a guest, but don't happen when the user is a student, even if the feedback is set to anonymous.

I know that I'm kind of stretching the use of feedback here, but is a module that works very nice for teachers to manage and also for students to answer, I really would like to use it. I already tried with questionnaire module, but I don't think is the best idea. And if I cannot use feedback I'll have to use quiz which is in not very suitable for my needs.

Any ideas?

TIA

In reply to Daniel Costa

by Andreas Grabs -
Hi Daniel,

ok, now I think I understand you wink.
Can it be that you use pagebreaks in that feedback?
If it is so after each break the state of the feedback is saved temporary. If just two users use the same account the second one will see the last saved temporary state.
You could remove the pagebreaks and no state will be saved. I don't know how many questions do you use but it seams the only way to resolve your problem.

Andreas
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Daniel Costa -
Hi Andreas,

yes, I use pagebreaks. I'll remove then from my feedbacks.

I'm looking forward to see the result of questionnaire and feedback together on moodle 2.0. It can be very good!

Thank's a lot.

Greetings,

Daniel

by Randah Mouallem -

Is it possible to do have it record names AND have all answers saved separate?

To give you some background, we currently use the questionnaire to gather new course requests. Our instructors click the questionnaire, fill out the required information, then we create their Moodle course. We have some instructors who have filled out the form multiple times for multiple courses.

Right now, to find an entry by a specific instructor, we have to go to through all the responses one-by-one until we find thier response. The thing I liked about the feedback is it shows you upfront, who submitted the feedback and the results can be sorted by user.

Is there any way to get the best of both worlds? More than one unique submission of the feedback AND not be anonymous?

In reply to Randah Mouallem

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

"... we currently use the questionnaire to gather new course requests..."

a questionnaire or a feedback? These are two different modules in Moodle. This is the Feedback module forum.

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Randah Mouallem -

We currently use the questionnaire in 1.9.5 and I am exploring the feedback module in 2.0.

In reply to Randah Mouallem

by Andreas Grabs -
Hi Randah,

currently the feedback supports only one submit if it is nonanonymous.
For the feedback in moodle 2 it is planned to support more then one submits even it is nonanonymous.

Andreas

by Randah Mouallem -

I have been playing around with this in 2, and I can set it to multiple submissions, and to track names. It allows me to do the feedback multiple times, but each time it replaces the one before it.

For example, we use it to keep track of new course requests. I logged in as an instructor, requested course 1, and clicked submit. Then I went in again, requested course 2, and clicked submit.

When I went back in as admin, I had only 1 response. Course 2 replaced course 1.

In reply to Daniel Costa

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Daniel,
I'm really surprised that you would allow two different individuals to log in with the same username and password. This should never happen.
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Daniel Costa -
Hi Joseph,

I use a moodle installation as a survey directory for some classrooms. These students access the survey just once in the end of their course. It's a workaround while we are setting up a system in which all students will have their own password. I know it's not a good idea in long term but at this point it's useful.

One interesting thing is that I looked around for a survey manager application and couldn't find any who have the stability that moodle have. I would be very glad if you or anyone can recommend me one.

Thank's for the interest.

Greetings

Daniel
In reply to Daniel Costa

by Joseph Rézeau -

Hi Daniel,

If all you want is a good free, open source survey software, working outside or moodle and working for anonymous users, then I can only recommend the excellent LimeSurvey.

Joseph