[ERROR] Estado de la Copia de Seguridad programada

[ERROR] Estado de la Copia de Seguridad programada

by Heike Ebelt -
Number of replies: 3
Hello,

On a regular basis, I get a notice, telling me that an error has been occurred while creating the security backups of the Moodle courses:

Resumen
==================================================
Cursos: 11
OK: 8
Pasado por alto: 0
Error: 0
Sin terminar: 3

¡Algunos de sus cursos no han sido guardados!

Por favor, examine los registros de su copia de seguridad en:
[link]

It is in Spanish; it practically tells me that there were 3 out of 11 courses, whose back up couldn't be finished. When I try to do it manually, the backup page gets stuck and claims to be done (loading the page) although it is not finished yet (usually there appears a button at the end of loading the complete page).

Has someone an idea why I get this error and how I could solve this problem?

I know that there are very professional people here in the forum, who are very committed and really helpful. Therefore: Thanks a lot in advance.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Heike Ebelt

Re: [ERROR] Estado de la Copia de Seguridad programada

by Heike Ebelt -
Reading around, I came across another problem I had: I had to move the moodledata folder out of the self-html folder so that it isn't accessible thorugh the web. The error message on the notification page of moodle (when I log in as admin) disappeared.

I tried a manual backup again, to see if the problem is somehow related. Two courses (the ones in English) I could backup now. However, the third course, which is in Spanish, I couldn't. It always stops at the SCORM packages. Here an example:

Nombre: copia_de_seguridad-xxxxxxxxxx.zip
  • Creando estructuras temporales
  • Borrando datos antiguos
  • Creando el archivo XML
    • Escribiendo el encabezado
    • Escribiendo información general
    • Escribiendo información del curso
      • Información del curso
      • Bloques
      • Secciones
    • Escribiendo información del usuario. . . . . .
    • Escribiendo categorías y preguntas. .
    • Escribiendo información de escalas
    • Escribiendo información de grupos
    • Escribiendo información de agrupamientos
    • Writing groupings-groups info
    • Escribiendo información del evento
    • Escribiendo información del libro de calificaciones
    • Escribiendo información del módulo
      • Tareas
      • Foros
      • Etiquetas
      • Cuestionarios
      • Recursos
      • SCORMs

In reply to Heike Ebelt

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It looks like it's hitting some resource limit on the PHP side. Most probably PHP max memory size or time limit. Have a look at the PHP error logs, and if you are running your Moodle site on a shared server, talk to your service support to check if this is true.

Saludos. Iñaki.

In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by Heike Ebelt -
Hello Iñaki,

Thanks for your idea!

I tried different settings of the memory caches, but nothing worked out. The backup always stops at the SCORMs. Unfortuantely, I did not find any setting for the time limit. Maybe that is the problem...