Grade book not visable to teachers

Grade book not visable to teachers

by Rick Barnes -
Number of replies: 5
We have been having this problem for a couple of teacher users this year. Today my teacher account decided it would not allow me access to the grade book of only one course, which is exactly what happens for the other teachers. WE can all see the grade book in most of the courses we use, but in one or two the page fails to load, firefox says that there was no response from the server.
I tried to delete my account and make a new one (new username and email) and assigned the same course, the new use also could not see the grade book.

Has any one got any idea why some courses would be preventing access to the grades but not others.
In reply to Rick Barnes

Re: Grade book not visable to teachers

by Elena Ivanova -
Hi Rick,
I would try to switch to standard theme, and check permissions of the teacher role in the level on this course.
What kind of grades/feedback that gradebook has? Has anyone provided feedback via gradebook or assignments and copied/pasted from MS Word directly?
If you can still access it as an admin - double-check if there is any weird code in the feedback fields once you hover over Grader report. If there is some - you will need to remove it.
In reply to Elena Ivanova

by Rick Barnes -
Thanks, I'll try changing themes. I've checked the site permissions for Teacher and even tried to restore to default (I haven't changed them) I don't think that anyone has copied and pasted from word for feedback, but I will check, but I do remember seeing several pupils who's feedback shows lots of code so I'll see if I can find them again and sort them out.
Yes I can still access grades as admin.

Yesterday my teacher account was working correctly again, however the other teacher accounts still can not see the gradebook page.
In reply to Rick Barnes

by Teresa Gibbison -
Hi Rick

How many students are in these courses? Are you able to backup the course? Is it possible to turn debugging on to find any error messages?

You might have exhausted the PHP Memory Limit - we've had this issue during backups and importing. There are tracker issues for this (one is MDL-21643).

This might not be the issue here but debugging would help if you're able to turn it on without disrupting any other courses smile We have a duplicate backup site we use for diagnosing these things!

Cheers
Teresa
In reply to Teresa Gibbison

by Rick Barnes -
Thanks I'll have a look at this at the weekend when there won't be many pupil users if any to disrupt.
The course has about 180 users, and only has advanced upload assignments (10 of them, with up to 3 files each) as a portfolio of pupils work for an external qualification.
I tried to back up the course last week but the backup would not complete.
In reply to Rick Barnes

by Rick Barnes -
The only errors that I get are due to the student progress block being installed on the home page. However this was installed way before these problems emerged.

I have checked through all of the feedback comments for odd code and found nothing other than the html written by the moodle editor.

I have discovered that our generic teacher account that has been assigned site wide password management and non editing teacher status can access the gradebook with no problems.