resource and activity menu

resource and activity menu

by tim larcombe -
Number of replies: 4
I am aware that in the grand scheme of things this little section is not very important. In earlier previews of moodle 2.0 there was a menu that showed you all the activities and resources on a course and allowed you to add an activity or resource.

I am not sure if I have just not spotted it but it seems to have gone. It appeared to be quite a useful tool, especially if you have long courses. Is it coming back or could you tell be where it is?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to tim larcombe

Re: resource and activity menu

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
If you use the Social course format then there is a block Social activities available in 1.0 and 2.0 -is that what you are thinking of?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by tim larcombe -
Hi Mary

It is the add a resource menu. it was one of the things you have helped me with in the past, in my post moodle 2.0
In reply to tim larcombe

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
If you mean the new stuff in the Settings menu, then yes, that's gone now ... it was getting really really long and not that useful.

Once you have selected "Turn editing on...", you should still see the "Add a resource..." and "Add an activity" menus in the sections within the course itself though.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by tim larcombe -
Yes that was the bit i was thinking of. thanks for your reply