Embedding resources

Embedding resources

by Mike Algozzine -
Number of replies: 1

Is it possible to embed a Moodle resource from one course in another course? By embed, I mean the user would see the actual resource, not a link to it, and the embedded resource would be updated whenever the original resource is updated.

I found a block, but of course, when I copy the URL for the resource, the entire page is displayed inside the block, including the header, footer, left column, right column, etc. For readability, I only want the actual resource or maybe just the middle column, not anything else.

Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike Algozzine

Re: Embedding resources

by Teresa Gibbison -
Hi Mike
I'm not sure how you would go about embedding resources from one course to another without the header/footer but I so want to let you know there will be access issues for the students if they do not have access to the original course.
As an Administrator you'll be able to access any course which means when you embed/link from one course to another you'll always see it. Students are only allowed to see resource/activities from within courses they belong to.

We have files in a meta-paper that are linked to within child courses which gets around the access issues. Because the child paper is associated to the meta-paper students can access documents that are created in the child paper but reside in the meta-paper... I hope this makes sense!!

Cheers
Teresa