Viewable Teacher Profiles

Viewable Teacher Profiles

by Carlos Cancelo -
Number of replies: 5
I have a new install of Moodle.

I added a few course descriptions and there are some faculty/staff persons in the database.

I have the system set to allow guests to view the courses and no one but the course creator and the teacher for that course to be visible.

However, when I click on the teacher's name the link goes to the course again.

What I want is to have the teachers profile viewable to guests and students.

If anyone has any insight into this, please let me know.

Thank you,
Carlos
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carlos Cancelo

Re: Viewable Teacher Profiles

by Muhammad Ajmal -
You can change the "Guest" user role permission "View user profiles" to allow.

regards
Muhammad
In reply to Muhammad Ajmal

by Carlos Cancelo -
Thanks for the response.

I have that setting to "Allow".

Also, in the courses, ALL the teachers are displaying as participants. I only want the teacher for that particular course to show in the list.

This is another thing that I've not be able to figure out.

Carlos

by Carlos Cancelo -
Solved the second issue - as I thought, it was a simple fix that I overlooked. Made the correction by reading another thread.

I still cannot allow the "Guest" user to view the teacher profiles.

The profile can be viewed by anyone logged in, though.

Carlos

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
You want a guest, ie non logged in user to view a teacher's profile? Think carefully before you do this as it means all your teachers could be "found" on google including their photos if they have them.Also it means your students' profiles would be visible too (as I don't know how you can separate the two) which might not be acceptable - if they are ok with that then fine: go to site administration>security>site policies and take out the tick of force users to log in for profiles
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Carlos Cancelo -
Thank you,

As I was working on this issue some things became more clear.

You are correct, I DO NOT want Google or any other "guest" to access this information. Once the person is logged in, they can then view the teachers profiles.

Thank you for you response and assistance!

Carlos