Webquest module add-on: Webquest For Moodle 2.0

Webquest module add-on: Webquest For Moodle 2.0

by Dariem Garcés Urquiza -
Number of replies: 11
I ´d like to announce that i am starting to develop the Webquest For Moodle 2.0 module.
I will need, coding help, ideas , etc etc...

It´s nice to be back to the game :D

Kind Regards
Dariem Garcés

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dariem Garcés Urquiza

Re: Webquest module add-on: Webquest For Moodle 2.0

by Henk Visser -
Hi Dariem,

Thanks ever so much for working on the webquest module.
A webquest on a website can be very boring, but when a student can work in a team and is able to upload stuff it becomes much more interesting.
I think webquests and Moodle should go together very well wink

I'm looking forward to a new version.

sincerely,

Henk Visser

In reply to Henk Visser

by Dr. Nellie Deutsch -

I've been using the WebQuest outside and on the Moodle for a few years. I would like the students to be able to create their own WebQuest on the Moodle to make it more interesting.

In reply to Dr. Nellie Deutsch

by Glenys Hanson -

Hi Nellie,

I've never used the WebQuest Module because it's seemed rather buggy up to now. I've always got students to create their own WebQuests on Moodle using wikis, forums and chats. They loved it though I must say I had a lot of problems getting my adult, distance students to understand the usefulness of wikis: they prepared on Word and copied into the wiki. However, that was a couple of years ago and the world has moved on.

I'm about to try again with a younger group of students.

I'd love to know what subjects you've tried out.

Cheers,

Glenys

by Clare Wallace -

Great to log on and find that this module is being updated. I am sorry I didnt see it before now but am wondering how it is progressing? Is it available for Moodle 2 now?

Many thanks

Clare

by María José Sánchez Sánchez -

Hi,

You need some help for this module?

I try to install the actual version in moodle 2.0, but it fails

No se encontró el archivo de descripción del formulario formslib para esta actividad.

In reply to María José Sánchez Sánchez

by Martin Schwinzerl -

Our university would also be interested in any news regarding the development of this module. Pointers to existing source repositories or status updates of the "there is no ongoing development, don't hold your breath" would be very welcome.

Best regards

In reply to Martin Schwinzerl

by Heather P -

Hi

I just downloaded the latest version  of the webquest module and in the readme file it says work on the module for version 2 is due to start in December 2008.

Am I right to assume that the web quest module isn't available for version 2?

Thanks

Heather

In reply to Heather P

by Giovanni Ramos -

does anyone, uses webquest in Moodle 2.X????    I saw the plugins in 1.9 but I need it for 2.2, thanks!!!

by Filip Kierzek -

Hello,

To help move things forward, my company would like to sponsor a price of $700 US dollars to whoever wants to port WebQuest module so that it works under Moodle 2.5.2 (or later). 

Details:

• The port needs to be completed, tested & released by 2014-07-15
  • The WebQuest module is to be released as opens source for everyone's benefit just like it is now under the current licence
  • The software needs to be of sufficient quality to be used in production system by kinds in school
  • Once released I will test the software for two weeks to make sure it works as it should
  • Payment via PayPal / Bitcoin / SWIFT etc. - we're flexible.
If someone is interested please let me know beforehand so that I don't subcontract the project internally. 

So here it is - a chance to do something to make the world a better place and get some spare cash in process smile

Filip