Moodle documentation: Flickr Repository doc pages

Moodle documentation: Flickr Repository doc pages

by Jon Witts -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Just been having a look at the doc pages for flickr repositories in Moodle 2, and the two pages I set up from the docs link in Moodle 2; admin/repository/flickr and admin/repository/flickr_public are being duplicated with by the following two pages: Flickr_configuration and Flickr_Public_Configuration respectively.

Is it possible to merge each of these two pages so no details are lost and then put a redirect from the /admin/repository pages to the more human readable page names?

I would do it myself but I don't appear to have the rights...

Jon
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jon Witts

Re: Moodle documentation: Flickr Repository doc pages

by Frank Ralf -
Hi Jon,

I would suggest just copying over the content from the duplicated page and leave a comment on the page's discussion page.

You should be able to redirect by inserting the #REDIRECT[ [New page] ] directive into the old page after saving its content to the new one.

hth
Frank

PS
Redirecting is different from moving (= renaming) a wiki page.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Frank Ralf

by Jon Witts -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Perfect Frank!

I have moved the content over and left a note for the original author in the talk page.

I have also put the redirects in to send people to the new pages. I did not want to rename the pages, as the original page admin/repository/flickr is where the moodle docs link from the Flickr configuration page leads to; so I think the redirect is what is needed.

Jon
In reply to Jon Witts

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Jon,

I was just about to copy the content and then add a redirect, but I notice you've followed Frank's advice and done so yourself! Well done and many thanks for contributing to the Moodle 2.0 documentation. approve
In reply to Helen Foster

by Jon Witts -
Hi Helen,

Thanks for looking. I am slowly getting the hang of MediaWiki wink

Jon