Adding video to the glossary

Adding video to the glossary

'mei a Peter Golton - 'aho
Number of replies: 9
This question/problem has been raised before but I've tried all of the suggestions and still can't find an answer.

I'd like to be able to embed a youtube video into a glossary entry. I've done this successfully in moodle lessons by simply switching to html and pasting in the embed code. e.g.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c3asSdngzLs&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c3asSdngzLs&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Problem comes when doing this in the glossary. The video previews ok but when the entry is saved, the code is removed.

I've followed all of the advice given to allow embed tags via the admin area but with no luck.

Pete
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Golton

Re: Adding video to the glossary

Thanks Joseph - at least I know it works and I'm very envious!

Did you have to change anything to get this to work? We are using Moodle 1.9.6
In reply to Peter Golton

'mei a Glenys Hanson - 'aho
Hi Peter,

Have you tried the other way : switching on the YouTube filter and then making a direct link to the video file (i.e. not using the embed code)?

It works for me but I won't add a screenshot to make you doubly jealous. Fakakuitaha

Cheers,
Glenys
In reply to Glenys Hanson

Thanks Glenys.

No I haven't tried this - but I will tomorrow!

Pete

In reply to Glenys Hanson

Glenys - that worked great - Thanks!

I've tried it with youtube, mpegs and swf files - all ok. Malimali

Pete
In reply to Peter Golton

'mei a Steve Trumble - 'aho

I would like to add video from my file and not from you tube. Pls advise how to do this.

thanks

Rgs,

Steve

In reply to Steve Trumble

'mei a Joseph Rézeau - 'aho
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Steve,

What kind of video file format do you have in mind ? please be more specific.

Joseph

In reply to Steve Trumble

'mei a Jon Fila - 'aho

Put in some text, link to the file and in the HTML version, remove the text. If you want to resize the video add ?d=640x480 to the end of the file link, change the width & height to whatever you'd like them to be.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jon Fila

'mei a Itamar Tzadok - 'aho

Put in one blank space, link the space to the file and in the HTML version, don't remove anything. Etc. Malimali