upgrade to 1.9.9-html editor disappears

upgrade to 1.9.9-html editor disappears

by Ken Tuley -
Number of replies: 8
So I just updated my three sites to 1.9.9. 2 of the 3 are just fine. the 3rd no longer shows the html editor. it also doesn't show the graphics I put in as labels on a course.

I've read a number of posts and threads... tried the options, checked the config file, even did some repair of some tables... found a cache table that had crashed, it's been repaired, but nothing seems to fix the issue.

Any other thoughts to where to look... hosting this on a Mac OS X box... 10.4.11

Thanks.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ken Tuley

Re: upgrade to 1.9.9-html editor disappears

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Is the one causing the problem different is some way to the other two? Where they all on the same version of Moodle prior to the upgrade?

You talk about repairing some tables? Were these in Moodle system files? If so you need to open a Tracker issue HERE as there might be a BUG.

Mary
In reply to Mary Evans

by Ken Tuley -
all were on the same version prior. did the upgrade the same way on all 3 machines.
as for the tables.... use phpmyadmin to check on moodle sql tables.... found one of the cache tables, the mdl_cache_text file reporting it had crashed and needed to be repaired.
and one of the log files actually fixed something... just using the repair table option.

didn't check all the tables...

I don't know if I can reproduce the issue as I did one machine, then the next, then the next. and while I thought I was checking everything as I went.... once I went back into the second machine. the issue surfaced....first with missing label graphics...then as I attempted to edit the labels.... notice the editor was missing.

I'll go report it.

Thanks
In reply to Ken Tuley

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Are all three linked to the same database by any chance? If you had to repair some broken tables perhaps you lost some data, may be even some Moodle system files might have got corrupted on the way. It's hard to say at this stage if it was a coincidence or caused by the upgrade.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Ken Tuley -
more info...... turned on debugging... got a lot of errors with the theme. (Clouds) replaced my customized clouds theme folder with a fresh download... my graphics came back, but the html editor is still missing in action.

oh and they are not linked to the same database.
In reply to Ken Tuley

by Larry Elchuck -
Hi Ken

Re: "the editor was missing", you are not by chance using Safari or chrome are you?

If you are using Firefox or Camino, and the sites are identical except for the config.php file, try replacing all but the config file and see if that makes a difference

cheers
larry
In reply to Larry Elchuck

by Ken Tuley -
nope.. using firefix on all sites..... occasionally I forget and open it up in Safari... but really do know better. not the case today.

The site are not identical in content, but they are as far as versions....
they have different themes, content, and even number of classes. but it gives me some more troubleshooting ideas. Thanks.

In reply to Ken Tuley

by Larry Elchuck -
Try comparing your lib/editor folders Ken

Also check that Use HTML editor is checked in /admin/settings.php?section=htmleditor

L
In reply to Larry Elchuck

by Vijay N -
on a related note, check to see if the html editor is enabled in your profile editor. I noticed I had a problem with html editor a while ago and it was caused by a simple profile settings issue.