Croatian translation is underway

Croatian translation is underway

by Jasmin Klindzic -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I'm just informing you in this way, so if you are expecting it, it should be finished by the end of November 2004, maybe early in December 2004. It is done on Moodle 1.4.2 version.

Greetings,
Jasmin Klindzic
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jasmin Klindzic

Re: Croatian translation is underway

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Great! Thanks!

Feel free to send it to translation@moodle.org once you are ready.
In reply to koen roggemans

by Jasmin Klindzic -
My translation is oriented towards university courses, so terminology could be a problem, ie. in Croatian "course" could be translated as "tecaj", but since I'm translating moodle for the university users, in my translation it is called "kolegij".

My question is:
Should I post 2 variants: University oriented and General purpose one? I'm asking because this is not the only term for which I have used "university lingo" (by "lingo" I don't mean that that translation is by no means derrogatory or not serious enough).

Or should I create only one, general purpose oriented? The latter means that I am going to spend a bit more time, but it would be finished in let's say... 3 weeks.

cheers,
Jasmin

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
It would be nice to have a general purpose translation.
It is very easy to start with a general purpose translation and maintain also one with modifications:

You create a complete general translation hr
You create a translation with ONLY de modified words and call it e.g. hr_co (from college) In hr_co you set the parentlanguage string to hr, so every missing string in the hr_co translation will be searched in hr

by Jasmin Klindzic -
Croatian language pack (two of them actually - UTF-8 version and Windows-1250 version) is FINALLY out. Version 0.8 was done on Moodle 1.5.2+ revision, and it
still has _SOME_ missing strings, as well as material that still has to be translated from English.

The packs have been sent few minutes ago to translation@moodle.org and I hope that they will be published soon.

Help files and other documentation will also be translated, but no sooner that January 20th 2006.

Enjoy,

Jasmin Klindzic

by koen roggemans -
The downloadlink isn't there yet, but the package is!

http://download.moodle.org/download.php/lang/hr.zip
http://download.moodle.org/download.php/lang/hr_utf8.zip

For new installations, I advise to use the utf8-version (see Moodle future).
In reply to koen roggemans

by Jasmin Klindzic -
I am more than happy that it is finally on your server, with direct link or without it! smile

I will put it also on my web server at the faculty on Thursday. Thanks a lot Koen for your patience as well as effort! smile