some functional problems in 1.4.2

some functional problems in 1.4.2

ໂດຍ PeterJaap de Bruin -
ຈຳນວນການຕອບກັບ: 5

in 1.4.2
I want to remove the attachment to a glossary entry,
i cannot find the functionality

After switching to encyclopedia-mode, the edit icon disappeared in the entry with attachment.

I want to add an attchment from within the uploaded files in the course,
upload-button leads me to local files, not to course-files.

Maybe just minor, so far i enjoy it a lot.

ການຈັດອັນດັບສະເລ່ຍ: -
ໃນການຕອບກັບຫາ PeterJaap de Bruin

Re: some functional problems in 1.4.2

ໂດຍ Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
ຮູບພາບຂອງ Core developers ຮູບພາບຂອງ Documentation writers ຮູບພາບຂອງ Moodle HQ ຮູບພາບຂອງ Peer reviewers ຮູບພາບຂອງ Plugin developers ຮູບພາບຂອງ Testers
Hi Peter,

1.-such functionality doesn't exist. The only alternative is to delete the entry and create it again.

2.-changes have been done (two days ago) to some glossary formats. I hope it is solved now! Changes are installed in moodle.org, so you can test it here (l/p: teacher/teacher). There are some minor visualisation bugs being corrected just now!

3-that's the normal behaviour. Only "client" files are available there.

Ciao ຍິ້ມ
ໃນການຕອບກັບຫາ Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

ໂດຍ PeterJaap de Bruin -

thanks,
1. that's also functional
3. ok

2. In testing out in the playground i got confused whether the attachment in encycl.-mode are shown at the left or right. Right now it is both ways.
While updating this mini glossary, the unused grade field showed strange characters (attached).
Arrivederci, gracie

ເອກະສານຊ້ອນທ້າຍ clearfield.jpg
ໃນການຕອບກັບຫາ PeterJaap de Bruin

ໂດຍ Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
ຮູບພາບຂອງ Core developers ຮູບພາບຂອງ Documentation writers ຮູບພາບຂອງ Moodle HQ ຮູບພາບຂອງ Peer reviewers ຮູບພາບຂອງ Plugin developers ຮູບພາບຂອງ Testers
Hi,

the attachment is showed left or right based in a "pseudo-random" value: The number of characters in the definition. Just add one character and the image will "fly" to the opposite side.

About the strange characters in the grade field I suppose that somebody has created a custom scale containing them (in the PlayGround course). So it shouldn't be a problem at all.

Ciao ຍິ້ມ
ໃນການຕອບກັບຫາ Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

2 questions about 1.4.2+ glossary

ໂດຍ PeterJaap de Bruin -

after adding a (forbidden) duplicate entry, i get the normal message.
after clicking continue, however, i got redirected to the main course page. Why not to the specific glossary main page?

my dictionary gets rather large (over 800 entries). The alfabet functionality is usefull, but the page-numbering is no longer usefull, previous and next will do (see attached jpg). To get rid of the countless numbers also saves screen-space, and is less confusing for my pupils. Howto?

Glossary = cool

ເອກະສານຊ້ອນທ້າຍ alfanum.jpg