How to broadcast by e-mail to all registered members of the community to notify them of some events

How to broadcast by e-mail to all registered members of the community to notify them of some events

by Trizit Benjaboonyazit -
Number of replies: 4
I am using moodle as an elearning environment for Thai Bangkaew Dog Community at http://elearning.bangkaew.com
As the Admin,I try to find way to broadcast by e-mail to all registered members of the community to notify them of some events.  But not found any yet.
It is hard to copy e-mail one by one from the member database.
Are there any better way to do so ? please help.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Trizit Benjaboonyazit

Re: How to broadcast by e-mail to all registered members of the community to notify them of some events

by Tim Allen -
Hi,

Set up a news forum on the site frontpage, making sure that it is set to "force subscriptions".  Every email that you send as admin from this forum will be sent out to all registered members of the site that are enrolled in at least one course.

HTHsmile
Tim. 
In reply to Tim Allen

Re: How to broadcast by e-mail to all registered members of the community to notify them of some events

Thanks for your kind advise.
Unfortunately, the news forum on the site frontpage is used as an open forum for everyone to share their news and opinions(on dogs), there are many posts per day ,so the notification e-mail was unactivated because it is regarded as  spam mails for those  who are new members and don't know how to unsubscribe,  although  subscription is not forced.
Many of the members  just come join the forum only, once in a while, without enrolling in any course.
I just want to remind them from time to time.
No broadcasting function like postnuke ?
In reply to Trizit Benjaboonyazit

by Tim Allen -
I'm not sure what you mean by "broadcasting function". Can yolu achieve that function by doing what I have described below?

If you already have a news forum on the front page that is serving a different purpose, why don't don't you add another news forum, and not only make it "forced subscription" but also disable the ability for users to reply? (in settings for the forum "no discussions, no replies"). Then only you can post to that forum but everyone will get it. wink
In reply to Tim Allen

Thank you very much, you are so helpful.
I add another news forum, and not only make it "forced subscription" but also disable the ability for users to post and reply.
And also unsubscribe from other forums those who subscribe unintentionally and feel irritated to received mail from forum.( some guys don't know how to unsubscribe by themselves)
And then start the cron job again, it works !
Postnuke uses something like built-in web-mail to send private message or e-mail to members