How to (bulk)move Students from one Course to Other course?

How to (bulk)move Students from one Course to Other course?

by umesh chavan -
Number of replies: 5
Hello all...

we have 5 yrs course wherein we need to transfer a bunch of students from FY (one course)to SY (other course)?
now selecting students from first yr and transfer to second yr and so on for other courses is not happening manually.
is there any way to do so?

its urgent....

thanks...
Average of ratings: -
In reply to umesh chavan

Re: How to (bulk)move Students from one Course to Other course?

by Muhammad Ajmal -
HI Umesh

When you transfer the student from FY to SY, do you remove the student from FY and assign them to SY. How frequent do you do this, Are you using External Database plugin. or are you using any other method for authentication?

Muhammad
In reply to Muhammad Ajmal

by umesh chavan -
Hello Muhamad

Thanks for reply..
Actually afte every academic year we need to tranfer all the students from FY to SY and so on....since there is no group facility such as Fy gruop will be selected and tranfer to SY...
i am not using any plugin for enrollment, since i upload all the users with csv file...in FY.
This time what i did is i removed all the students from their respective course ( ex. FY, Sy...)and asked them to login and select your current course...so this way i could solve this issue.
In reply to umesh chavan

by Adam Barbary -
Hi Muhamad,

For adhoc enrolments and deletions my IT support created a little Java app. You can add and remove users fairly easily using the flat-file enrollment setting. It should be fairly self explanatory. Note: use at your own risk, not warranty is implied or supplied with this... ;)
In reply to Adam Barbary

by Muhammad Ajmal -
Hi Adam

thanks for you sharing this. I will check it on my moodle and let you know.

Umesh, is this sorted now?

Regards

Muhammad
In reply to Adam Barbary

by Kent Villard -
What do you do with the generated CSV file - it does not seem to be in the format for the Upload Users tool in Moodle -what am I missing