Using an American web hosting provider from Japan?

Using an American web hosting provider from Japan?

- simon serverin の投稿
返信数: 0
I'm currently building a Moodle site for teachers who use an English Conversation textbook called "Conversations in Class¨(from Alma Publishing; http://www.almalang.com/textbook_CiC.html). The Moodle site will be hosted (in most cases) by the publisher, to solve the problem of teachers who don't have a Moodle server at their university, or technical support.

The site will probably be provided free of charge to teachers, so we can't afford expensive providers. After looking on the internet I found that American providers are way cheaper than their Japanese counterparts, so I have some questions:

- Our site will be almost exclusively used in Japan. Is it a problem if the provider is in America? Have some of you tested this configuration ?

- What do you think of Bluehost and Alpha one ?
Bluehost is very cheap and very big. They also have a very easy way to install Moodle on their server. Is it fast and responsive ? Alpha one seems to be specialized on Moodle and is not expensive.

- Do you know of a Japanese hosting provider which would be reliable and cheap? Our site could grow quite big and we need a good quality solution. But there is that budget limit. It indeed sounds like asking for the impossible.

Thanks for all your comments and advice.