wiki activity

wiki activity

by tim larcombe -
Number of replies: 5
I am not sure if it is me being a bit thick, but i can not seem to get the wiki to work properly. I am using the test site for this.

I can set it up an add a page. I then log in as a student and then i can only edit the page i have made rather than adding a new one. I think i have followed the instructions properly, is it possible for someone to check if this is working properly and see if i am getting it wrong.

I have tried the method shown on the documentation on the test site and also the method used to add a page in moodle 1.97 but neither seem to so much.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to tim larcombe

Re: wiki activity

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
If you type two square  brackets either side of a page then save it will make a link ready for a new page to be created  -then if you click the link it will give you the option to create a page with that name. I just went to the QA site and tested this as a student and it works (in fact if your wiki was called 12345 then it was that one I renamed and used smile)
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by tim larcombe -
thank you so much, yet again that seems to work just fine!!
In reply to tim larcombe

by chris dennison -
I have just tried on a new local install, also on the qa test site and my [ link ] are not converted to a new page link sad