Confirmation about Lesson Capability

Confirmation about Lesson Capability

од Tiffany Morgan -
Број на одговори: 12
I'm wondering if someone can confirm if the Lesson Module is the best option to achieve the following. I want to:
1. Display a question to the student and give them 4 options (all of the options are correct, more of a "what do you want to do next?" type of question)
2. Based on which of the 4 options they pick in question one they will be shown another question which is a multiple select. Each option in question 1 display a unique "question 2"
3. Based on their response in question 2 they will be given feedback based on the option they selected.

So basically I want to create a "choose your own adventure" type set up, where you answers to questions determine what you see an do next...

It seems that the lesson mod will do that, however, my concern with the lessons created with the Lesson modules is that they not very visually appealing, but I'm not sure how to make the the interface of the lesson mod different (button look and placement, colors) Is there CSS or code I can modify (beyond just the html editor for the text fields) to make these lessons look the way I want?

Thanks!

Просек на рејтинзи:Useful (1)
Во одговорот до Tiffany Morgan

Re: Confirmation about Lesson Capability

од Joseph Rézeau -
Слика од Core developers Слика од Particularly helpful Moodlers Слика од Plugin developers Слика од Testers Слика од Translators

Hi Tiffany,

The Moodle Lesson module is perfectly suited to creating "adventure" or "maze" type of activities. Instead of using so-called Question Pages you would use Branch Tables.

You are welcome to try the adventures I created with the Lesson module for my own students. Go to my moodle test site, login as student1, password Student1! go to course Demo. In topic 2 Mazes you will find 2 mazes: Parking & The Technology Officer.

Enjoy!

Joseph

Во одговорот до Joseph Rézeau

од Tiffany Morgan -
Thanks Joseph! I tried using the login and password and I couldn't get in. But I'm very interested to check it out!

од Joseph Rézeau -
Слика од Core developers Слика од Particularly helpful Moodlers Слика од Plugin developers Слика од Testers Слика од Translators
Are you sure you used the login and password exactly as written in my message? I can assure you that it does work. Please try again.

од Chris Collman -
Слика од Documentation writers
Like a case sensitive, this bald guy discovered this morning and I have had 2 big cups of coffee! "S" in password "s" in username. Computers are so picky and stupid sometimes смешко

Great fun Joseph! Well worth the effort to get into the maze and it took me some time to get out. That would be a good demo lesson. If a demo, I would place a "*" before some answers that would lead the user out смешко I know Helen appreciates this.

The follow up question is what kind of prep work (diagrams or what ever) was done before hand to create this lesson maze?

Tiffany, you could also use questions and grade them in this maze but the look would be different, as Joseph pointed out. I was dreaming of multiple choice questions that ask the student how they thought they were doing in the maze and showing their (self) grade all the time. This would also take planning, so that questions closer to the path that lead to the end, were weighted more.

Joseph, could a custom theme change the look of the questions in a lesson, or is this part of the Lesson php code? If it is a custom theme, then the teacher would select that theme for their course. In any event, I am sure it is possible to change the look of the questions in a Lesson, it is merely a matter of resources (skill and time, permissions and/or perhaps money).

Chris

Во одговорот до Chris Collman

од Joseph Rézeau -
Chris:

Joseph, could a custom theme change the look of the questions in a lesson, or is this part of the Lesson php code? If it is a custom theme, then the teacher would select that theme for their course.

Well, as in many places in Moodle, I guess some of the look of a Lesson's questions can be changed by using a custom theme, and some need to hack the core code. It really depends what you want to look different...

од Tiffany Morgan -
Thanks all--clearly operator error. I was overlooking the "!"

I do like the interactivity of it-it appears to do what I want. The question now is getting the look of it to be what I want. Just as you said, it appears I will need to look into what code I need to hack to change the look and feel to what I want (fonts, button looks, etc)

Thanks for all your time and answers

Odp: Re: Confirmation about Lesson Capability

од Anna Weber -

Hi Joseph,

I would gladly try the topic 2  maze but all I get is:

"This lesson closed on Monday, 15 February 2010, 11:55 PM."

Is it likely to be changed?

Cheers,

Anna

Во одговорот до Anna Weber

Re: Odp: Re: Confirmation about Lesson Capability

од Joseph Rézeau -

Hi Anna,

Re-opened all "maze-lessons" on my test site. Enjoy!

Joseph

Re: Odp: Re: Confirmation about Lesson Capability

од Chris Tang -

Hi Joseph,

Good day to you! I've tried loggin in using the credentials provided in the earlier message but was not successful.

Is it still possible to view your maze lesson?

Thanks.

Christopher Tang