Capability to View submitted assignments

Capability to View submitted assignments

by Tiffany Morgan -
Number of replies: 3
Hello
I'm wondering if/where the capability exists to see what who has submitted an assignment?

We have set up a coach role that is working great, except the coach can view the assignment, the due date, and the grade for assigned students, but cannot see if an assignment has been submitted, but is still pending grade.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tiffany Morgan

Re: Capability to View submitted assignments

by Teresa Gibbison -
Hi Tiffany
If you provide your coach role with the Grade assignment [mod/assignment:grade] capability they will be able to view student submissions. Note that if 'Email alerts to teachers' is turned on for an assignment this role will also be emailed.

I hope this helps
Cheers
Teresa
In reply to Teresa Gibbison

by Tiffany Morgan -
Hi Teresa
Thanks for the feedback, but I should have been more clear in what I need. I dont need the coach to grade the submissions. In fact I want to prevent that still, but I want the coaches to see when a student has submitted something to the teacher to grade (in our set up a "coach" is more like an on-site facilitator, but not the teacher of record for the course and may not be a licensed teacher).

So far our role is working great, but as we use it more we are getting greedy about what we want...this is just one more of those "I wonder if could do this..." ideas smile
In reply to Tiffany Morgan

by Teresa Gibbison -
Hi Tiffany
I'm sorry but I think the Grade assignment [mod/assignment:grade] capability is the permission that allows a user to view student submissions, I don't think there is any other way to let someone see them...
Cheers
Teresa