submit answers one question at a time

submit answers one question at a time

per Tiffany Morgan -
Nombre de respostes: 14
Sadly I think I know the answer, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Is there a way to have a student submit their selection for a quiz question one question at
at a time and be assessed on that item without having to submit answers to all the questions? So on question 1, I choose choice A then I get the appropriate feedback and can then do the same on question 2 and so on...

Thanks!
Mitjana de qualificacions: -
En resposta a Tiffany Morgan

Re: submit answers one question at a time

per Itamar Tzadok -
Have you considered the quiz adaptive mode? This mode adds a submit button to each question such that the student can submit that question only and get an immediate response. But at the end the student still has to submit the whole quiz for completing the attempt. Somrient
En resposta a Itamar Tzadok

per Glenys Hanson -
Hi Tiffany,

You can also use Hot Potatoes which gives immediate feedback on each answer.

Cheers,
Glenys
En resposta a Glenys Hanson

per Itamar Tzadok -
I think, and do correct me if I'm wrong, that Hot Potatoes have the answers at the back end of the page and so potentially accessible. Somrient

per Joseph Rézeau -
Imatge Core developers Imatge Particularly helpful Moodlers Imatge Plugin developers Imatge Testers Imatge Translators
Itamar "Hot Potatoes have the answers at the back end of the page.."
What do you mean?
En resposta a Joseph Rézeau

per Tiffany Morgan -
Hi all
Thanks for the quick feedback!
1. I had read about adaptive mode, but didnt pick up that it would give immediate feedback. Will be trying that very quickly!

2. I read about the hot potato activity too, but as we didnt purchase the product and cannot share our quizzes online, I didnt dig very deep into that very far...

oh if this fixes my issue I will be soo happy!

per Joseph Rézeau -
Imatge Core developers Imatge Particularly helpful Moodlers Imatge Plugin developers Imatge Testers Imatge Translators
Tiffany,
Hot Potatoes is now completely free to use. See here.
Hope that helps,
Joseph

per Tiffany Morgan -
Thanks! I will check it out then. I had read this and assumed the $100 fee was still applicable http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=105329

per Joseph Rézeau -
That's a very old discussion (2008 wink).

per Tiffany Morgan -
Indeed--but you'd be surprised how many problems Ive solved with old discussions or many old discussion contain still relevant problems and/or solutions Somrient

I'm off to play with hot potatoes now though Somrient

per Itamar Tzadok -
In the page html source. If HP does not query the server for feedback and validation of the answer all the information including the correct answers has to be downloaded to the user side. I think someone pointed that out in one of the forums not too long ago but I may be confusing HP with something else. Somrient

per Joseph Rézeau -
Itamar,
Actually, the correct answers are encoded. A student intent on cheating and with a good knowledge of HTML and time on their hands might a) locate the encoded string in the HTML source and b) user an online converter to convert the encoded string to plain English.
Joseph
PS.- Can you decode the following ?
\u0043\u0068\u0065\u0061\u0074\u0069\u006E\u0067\u0020\u0069\u0073\u0020\u0074\u0068\u0065\u0020\u0062\u0065\u0067\u0069\u006E\u006E\u0069\u006E\u0067\u0020\u006F\u0066\u0020\u0077\u0069\u0073\u0064\u006F\u006D\u0020\u0028\u0041\u0070\u006F\u0063\u0072\u0079\u0074\u0069\u0063\u0020\u0043\u0068\u0069\u006E\u0065\u0073\u0065\u0020\u0070\u0072\u006F\u0076\u0065\u0072\u0062\u0029\u002E

per Itamar Tzadok -
I think the comment was about a matching question or something of the sort which gives the matching indexes but that may have been changed since. At any rate if the answer is there, then even if it is encoded, I wouldn't regard an attempt to get it by conversion as cheating. To regard it as cheating would be the beginning of foolishness. Am I beginning to cheat? Complicitat