Signing up for multiple sessions

Signing up for multiple sessions

by Chris Howard -
Number of replies: 4
Good afternoon everyone,
I have set up some training sessions using the face-to-face module, and my users have started to sign-up. However, I have received some e-mails from users saying they had signed up for a session and had not received an e-mail notification. After doing some research, I believe the problem is a result of them already being signed up for another session. Is it not possible to sign up for more than one session? I understand not being able to sign up for another session during the same time period, but I would think you could still sign up for a different time period or even a different day. Please let me know if there is a setting I need to change or what I can do to allow multiple entries. If I can't find a solution, this whole thing is going to back fire on me. Thanks for any help or suggestions you can give me.

Chris Howard
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Howard

Re: Signing up for multiple sessions

by Simon Coggins -
Hi Chris,

Face to face doesn't support signing up for multiple sessions within the same face-to-face instance. It shouldn't actually be possible for a user to sign up twice - your users would need to cancel their first booking if they want to sign up for a different one.

If you want users to sign up to multiple sessions you'll have to create several face-to-face instances within the course.

Simon
In reply to Simon Coggins

by Jeremy Schweitzer -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
That seems slightly clumsy. The module allows you to schedule sessions for multiple times and repetition can be beneficial for students, so why doesn't it allow you to register for multiple sessions?

Would it be hard to make this possible?
In reply to Jeremy Schweitzer

by Simon Coggins -
I agree it would be a useful feature, but unfortunately, that's not how it was originally built to work.

Currently a lot of the interface, and presumably the backend code, works based on the assumption that each user is only enrolled in a session once. A change of that size is possible, but would require a reasonable amount of development time.

Simon

In reply to Simon Coggins

by Mary Hetherington -

Being able to sign up multiple times would be useful for me too.  For example, I have some face-to-face sessions for "Ad-hoc training" that I use to keep track of informal training.