Inserting a repeating image for Standard blue theme

Inserting a repeating image for Standard blue theme

by Aaron Arnold -
Number of replies: 6
Hello, we have a theme made by modifying the standard blue theme. A previous employee changed the background to grey and I would like to insert an image we have designed instead but I cannot seem to find the right file to edit in order to do this. Can someone point me in the right direction?

http://moodle.prairie.edu/moodle/
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Aaron Arnold

Re: Inserting a repeating image for Standard blue theme

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
You need to look in the css file, and find the following code...

body {
background-color:#A7A9AC !important;
}

The alpha numeric code is the color code for the grey background.

To add an image you need to replace the above code with the code I have written below, substituting your image name where I have written background-image.gif (making sure you have saved it into the pix folder furst).

body {
background: url(pix/background-image.gif) repeat scroll;
}

I think you will find this works.

Mary
In reply to Mary Evans

by Aaron Arnold -
Thats what I figured, I should have been more specific. I am having trouble locating precisely css file it is in. I tried searching through each file in dreamweaver but was unable to locate it...
In reply to Aaron Arnold

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
There is only one css file in srtandard blue. Its called gradient.css

In reply to Aaron Arnold

by Mary Evans -
Sorry I was rushing when I posted that last reply.

If the css mark-up for that particular element is not in the gradients.css then you will have to add it in. It's best if you add it to the bottom of the css file then it will over-ride any other reference to it that you might have missed.

Get back to me if you get stuck.

Mary
In reply to Aaron Arnold

by Mary Evans -
I'm adding a screenshot of your site when I viewed it just now in FireFox using the FireBug add-on. You can see that the CSS is in your site's CSS. To find out which css is the default, look in you theme's config.php file. It should say at the top which stylesheets are being named. I'm guessing it's gradients.css but your previous webmaster may have renamed the css file. It's probably called something like styles_color.css which you should still find in your theme's folder. The color code may well be written another way something like...
body {
 background-color: rgb(167,169,172) !important;
}
Anyway here's the screenshot...
Attachment prairie.jpg