No Success Importing Blackboard Quiz Pools

No Success Importing Blackboard Quiz Pools

by Joshua Ence -
Number of replies: 2
Hi! New moodler here...

I installed moodle (v 1.9.8) last week and have set up a "practice" course to familiarize myself with the features, especially the quiz module. I currently use Blackboard (v 7.1) and give nearly all of my assessments through it. I've tried exporting a quiz pool from Blackboard and importing it into my practice moodle course. I've had no success.

I've tried the following:
  • Importing the .zip question pool file as "Blackboard V6+" and simply "Blackboard" types
  • Importing the res0001.dat, res0002.dat, and res0003.dat files from the .zip question pool as both "Blackboard V6+" and "Blackboard" types
Each time I get the "Error: Contains no questions" message. Where do I go from here?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joshua Ence

Re: No Success Importing Blackboard Quiz Pools

by Joshua Ence -
Is anyone else having this problem? I'm not sure where else to go here. My next step will be to try the trial version of Respondus 4.0. Has anyone gone that route?
In reply to Joshua Ence

Re: No Success Importing Blackboard Quiz Pools

by John Ashworth -
I have been able to export individual quizzes from blackboard to Moodle one at a time, but the quiz must have already been deployed in the course in blackboard or it will give the "no questions found" error. I would also like to know the answer to why when i open the quiz in blackboard the questions are there but the error occurs when importing to Moodle if the quiz has not been deployed in blackboard but is available in test manager in blackboard. Did you find any resolution to the issue? Thanks,

John