Creating Compulsory Agreements

Creating Compulsory Agreements

by Moodle Officer -
Number of replies: 5

Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone knew how to set up a compulsory agreement that people have to agree to before accessing the site. I need to set up a copyright and confidentiality document that trainers must agree to before being able to access course materials? I have a special course/network set up for them.

So I need to know how to set it up and also how to keep a record of it. They would really only need to do it once, the 1st time they login. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks guys

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Moodle Officer

Re: Creating Compulsory Agreements

by Ray Lawrence -
Hi,

Put the terms of the agreement in a HTML file and upload it to Site Files. Enter the URL of this file in the Site Policy URL field in Security > Site Policies and save the page.

Users will be required to agree to the policy on their first login either at login or on tryng to attempt an action e.g. entering a course depending on how your site is set up (Force users to login).
In reply to Ray Lawrence

by Donna Trainer -
Can anyone point me to the code I need to include at the end of the agreement? I don't know php but I'm assuming I must create an "I agree" button, similar to a Submit button in a form, but I've searched and searched and cannot find any documentation on exactly what code to use that, when the button is clicked, will then allow the user to access the site.
In reply to Donna Trainer

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
You don't need to put any code into your document. If you just create a document -say as an html page - and upload it as Ray says above, then it will appear and the relevant buttons will already be on Moodle for the user to click to agree.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Donna Trainer -
Wow. I'm expecting things to be a lot more complicated than they really are.

Thank you!
In reply to Ray Lawrence

by Moodle Officer -

Hi Ray,

Thanks for that. My next question: Is it possible to create one for a specific course (not the whole site)? If so, can it appear each time they login?

Thanks.