Moodle 1.0.6 Beta 1

Moodle 1.0.6 Beta 1

by Martin Dougiamas -
Number of replies: 8

Leaves in ThailandMoodle 1.0.6 Beta 1 is ready!  The list of new features in this release is significant, some highlights include:

• A slick new quiz module!
  • Embedded HTML editor on most forms
  • New set of smilies
  • Grade management for teachers
  • Reading module renamed to Resource
  • New languages (Italian and German)

The Beta means that I don't know of any problems, but that I would like people to test it thoroughly now and get back to me if they find any bugs before I release a proven 1.0.6 properly in a few days.

Get your copy from the Download page!

In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: Moodle 1.0.6 Beta 1

by Jacob Romeyn -

Hi Martin

It's exelent!  I realy like the HTML editor!

The Quiz and teachers grade view is also very good.

Re: 1.06 beta

by Alan Chambers -
I would suggest that the use of "category" in the quiz editor section is a little confusing as categories is utilized elsewhere.  Maybe the term "Topic Area" would be better, otherwise module is excellent - well done.  This is a real bonus to schools as is ldap.
In reply to Alan Chambers

Re: 1.06 beta

by Martin Dougiamas -
Ah yes, the LDAP plugin! My apologies to Petri for not mentioning that in my list of new features! (I will be sure to do so in 1.0.6)

by Alan Chambers -

Douglas

Having trouble with

Image to display:

No images have been uploaded to your course yet

in quiz creator.  The course resources contains images but are in

mod/resources/itvet/image.gif   How and where are they uploaded to?

In reply to Alan Chambers

Images in quiz module

by Martin Dougiamas -

For further releases

by Terri Teacher -

Hey!

I'm network engineer in City of Vantaa in Finland. We have here 25.000 students and I have set up Moodle.

I have one problem. Because we have 2200 teachers, we are unable to create such amount of courses. I suggest that teahers should be able to create courses by themselves.

a) Administrarator create Teachers.

b) Teacher creates courses and assigns students,  or student can asssign themselvels.

Moodle is great software and we looking forward to be able to take it in wider use in our city.

Yours,

Antti Ylä-Jarkko

by Davide Suraci -
Hi Martin,

I've attempted, as admin (teacher, teacher) on your server, to create a choice with six choises but the system cut four final choices.

Cheers cool,
Davide