I hope, this is not a desecration to reactivate this discussion.
Im Running Moodle on Server 2012 R2 / IIS 8.5 and want to try out Stack-Maxima (STACK 3.2 on Moodle 2.7 with Maxima 5.31.2). It was really hard to get it run and i am not finished yet. A short summary of my experiances so far:
- Start Maxima Command Line crashes at Startup with application error.
Solution: Add an exception-Rule to DEP (Data Execution Prevention) for maxima.exe. DEP is locatet somewhere deep in the System Properties.
- Stack Settings: The healtcheck searches for maxima in the "Program Files" folders, ignoring the Maxima Command field. But i installed it at C:\Maxima.
Solution: Copy the maxima folder to C:\Program File (x86)\Maxima-5.31.2\ but keep the command locatet at the original Folder.
- healthcheck and maxima.bat:
CAS will be startet but returns with complete empty result.
With a test script, based on "connector.windows.base.class.php" i noticed, that StdIn/StdOut-Pipes of the php-scripts seems not to be forwarded via the cmd-process (bat-File) to the maxima-process.
- (Don't knowing, which env-vars are important) Add Environment Variables MAXIMA_TEMPDIR, MAXIMA_USERDIR, attach to PATH the paths to gnuplot and gcc-lib, like the batch-file would do.
- In the field "Maxima Command" insert the appropriate direct call to maxima.exe, e.g.:
C:/Maxima/lib/maxima/5.31.2/binary-gcl/maxima.exe -eval "(cl-user::run)"
With these Settings and work arounds i pass the CAS part of the healthcheck except gnuplot:
"The CAS returned the following error(s):plot([sin(x),x,x^2,x^3],[x,-3,3],[y,-3,3]) caused the following error: plot2d: some values were clipped.plot2d: some values were clipped."
I am grateful for any advice. But, related to the original post, an also important question is: can i use the server-mode meanwhile?