moodle 2.0 preview 2 Files link gives blank page

moodle 2.0 preview 2 Files link gives blank page

by Shulang Lei -
Number of replies: 5
When I clicked the Files under "setting" it gives a blank page. Other stuff is working fine. Installation gives no error and every testing is a green "ok".

Can't find the "files" link under courses page too. Don't know if this is an intended changed though.

Environment is a NAT Lan with Ubuntu 10.04 Server edition.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shulang Lei

Re: moodle 2.0 preview 2 Files link gives blank page

by Shulang Lei -
I manaully enter http://localhost/moodle/files/ instead of localhost/moodle/files/index.php?id=1 fixed the problem it seens to be able to browse the files folder now... potential bug here?

However, this looks very different from 1.9.2 that I was using. How do I change the themes? Why there is no files upload for each course?
In reply to Shulang Lei

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi there. You can change the themes by clicking on (to expand) the site administration link and there you will see the usual themes>appearance>themes selector. The themes are all different in Moodle 2.0 As for the file upload, this also is very different in Moodle 2.0 and you haven't already, it might be worth reading the Moodle 2.0 release notes in the docs here
In reply to Shulang Lei

by Shulang Lei -
Back to the topic, I enable debugging and error logging and I got this where I received th blank page:
Fatal error: Call to a member function get_params() on a non-object in /var/www/moodle2/files/index.php on line 200

In reply to Shulang Lei

by Adam Keily -
We're seeing the same error.
In reply to Shulang Lei

by Mark McCall -
By the files under the "setting" area I assume that you are referring to the traditional Site Files.

In Preview 3 this link does take you to the "front page" Moodle files that are public as would be expected behavior (see screen shot). I am not sure if this was a bug in Preview 2 or if they functionality had not been added in yet.

The direct link to the site files is only accessible to an authenticated administrator. Although non-admin users and non-authenticated users can navigate to directly to a file if they can guess the URL, they can not pull up the directory. They will receive an error message regarding permissions. This was tested on Preview 3 (Build: 20100608).

As for the course files there are major changes in 2.0. The files that are associated with the course activities can be added a number of new ways. Moodle builds a directory structure for each activity. I assume that this is to better support the ability to export activities and resources with out having to export all of the course files. With this new structure the files become managed within the activity or the resource. In addition there is also personal files that are associated with each user. Personal files allows for the user to upload files to a personal repository via the Private files block that can be added to any course. These files can then be added to multiple courses via the repository navigation in the resources and activities that you are linking.

The course backup features have not been fully implemented yet so we are still waiting to see how the backup process will handle the files and the private files that are used in a course.

Attachment MoodePrev3_Files.jpg