How can I create multiple grade items at once?

How can I create multiple grade items at once?

by Jeremiah Duncan -
Number of replies: 2
I would like to know if / how it is possible to quickly create multiple grade items. For example, I want 10 quizzes created as separate grade items under the grade category "Quizzes". I would be happy to name them "Quiz 1," "Quiz 2," etc. , and the will all be worth the same number of points. Is there a rapid way to do this?

My institution just switched from an older version of Blackboard / WebCT that did not have this functionality, and I found it to be one of the most annoying features. I am desperately hoping that Moodle does not suffer from this same limitation!!
In reply to Jeremiah Duncan

Re: How can I create multiple grade items at once?

by Elena Ivanova -
Hi Jeremiah,
I would recommend to Export the gradebook first into excel (since it will give you and overview of needed structure) add columns for quizzes there.
Save as .csv and then Import.
During mapping process, map newly added quiz columns to "new grade items".
In reply to Elena Ivanova

Re: How can I create multiple grade items at once?

by Jeremiah Duncan -
Elena,

thanks! I will try that.

With my first foray into grade book development in Moodle, I have to say I have found it to be a little bit clumsy (though in all fairness, Blackboards was much worse!). I am comfortable with downloading, using Excel, uploading a .csv, etc, but I know a number of teachers at my school that will not be computer savvy enough to bother with the grade book in any form. I'm wondering if, in future versions of Moodle, it might be possible to create a type of grade book "wizard" that could help create a grade book by answering a few questions? For example, it could start by asking "which types of assessments will you use in the course (e.g., exams, quizzes, homework)?"