Ideas for marking students work

Ideas for marking students work

by Darren Smith -
Number of replies: 5

I am looking at upgrading our copy of GCSE companion and noticed some new teacher features.

If you go to:

http://www.cedar.u-net.com/ict4demo/loader/indexct.htm

Click on my work on the left then mark now next to a kids name in the main frame.

I especially liked the idea of displaying the mark scheme answer to the teacher when you are marking a short answers. Also the 'tick' / 'cross' buttons are interesting.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Darren Smith

Re: Ideas for marking students work

by Claudia Scholz -
Darren,

The scoring tools you point out are brilliant big grin, especially for university settings where multiple tutors/graders/assistants may be scoring student work.

- Claudia
In reply to Claudia Scholz

by Darren Smith -

Thank you blush

It does look like it would make things a whole load easier for short / essay answers. At the mo I have mutliple windows open when I am marking and keep having to refer back to the assignment requirements and answers.

Also the other features - such as ticking to automatically give full marks or clicking to show then what they should have wrote would make the typed answers worth using on a larger scale.

Darren

In reply to Darren Smith

by Timothy Takemoto -

It would be nice if the long answer quiz questions (Is it Michael Penney that is being so kind as to make them by early next year?) have some of the functionality of this system. Just having a the student text and a drop down menu to mark it is the minimu, but the marking scheme, comments box, soluction and ticks (or in Japan circles) would be very nice too. And the overall comment at the end is really nice too. To be able to make the quiz a slightly more social, and constructive experience would be great.

Tim

In reply to Darren Smith

by luciano biondo -
I tried to use your link, but that page doesn't load. I have a macintosh with macosx and I tried with safari, firefox and camino.
In reply to luciano biondo

by Darren Smith -

Hmmm.

If you go to the root part of the url - http://www.cedar.u-net.com/ - and click on compatability it seems to claim it mostly works with netscape 7 so I am a little suprised that it did not work with firefox ....  I have just tried the standard demo on this XP machine and it looks ok in firefox 1.

Unfortunately I haven't yet got a mac (are you reading this Santa?). Also, unfortunately I am only a visitor to their site. I'll have a look on a mac at work to see if I get different results.

Darren