DimDim dimmer dimmest.....??

DimDim dimmer dimmest.....??

by Marc Grober -
Number of replies: 5
This just in from dimdim:

Thanks for following up with an email, sorry it's taken so long to get back to you.  I understand your frustration with the Moodle integration issues introduced with our Dimdim 5.5 launch.  There were sweeping changes made and we should have been more proactive in communicating them to you.  

My understanding is that there is a new Moodle integration our support team is working to roll out.  Unfortunately though, I'm guessing this isn't going to resolve the issues for you.  * * *  With Dimdim 5.5, API access is only available with Dimdim Enterprise.  I know the product management team is working on a new approach for API access on hosted accounts like Dimdim Pro and Dimdim Webinar, but I don't believe specific plans have been announced yet.

Again, I'm sorry for any confusion and for the frustration.  

Thanks,

-k
Kevin Micalizzi, Dimdim Community Manager
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marc Grober

Re: DimDim getting brighterbrighter?

by Marc Grober -
I am happy to announce that Kevin Micalizzi is actively pursuing answers to questions posed by Moodlers regarding future of DimDim Moodle Integration. He has not only been reviewing posts here - and you are very welcome to post here Kevin, as well as read other's posts ;=) but has advised that he has put together a meeting with DimDIm's CTO and Director of Engineering to address a range of questions, including what is to be status/future of the current 4.5 Community Edition, the future of free access, what DimDim 5.5 means for Moodlers of all stripes both on client and server side, Pro, Enterprise and free users, and issues of Pro clients complaining of lack of support ( while we know that support for free users has been nominal or non-existent, at least paying users should expect timely responses.)

I hope that we will hear great things next week!
In reply to Marc Grober

by Andres Ortiz -
great!!
In reply to Andres Ortiz

by Marc Grober -
Well don't celebrate quite yet.....
I did get a further email from Kevin, but as I don't quite know what to make of it I will continue to pursue this.
In reply to Marc Grober

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Marc - I'm hoping to be able to dedicate some time to this next week. Peace - Anthony
In reply to Marc Grober

Re: DimDim dimmer dimmest.....??

by Marc Grober -
The latest is that we are approaching the release of a 5.5 package that will work for both free and pro versions. There is beta code available to test in the tracker (see the post re beta 5.5 in this forum) which is largely now working. there are issues with upgrading tables and with authentication that have delayed release but I am confident that DimDim will have the package released within the next few weeks (the more testing done, the more likely any remaining bugs can be addressed.....)