Moodle 2.0 Admin user or doanything capability?

Moodle 2.0 Admin user or doanything capability?

by Basil Gohar -
Number of replies: 3
Is there a canonical "admin" role for Moodle 2.0, as there was for 1.9 and previous versions? Additionally, is there an equivalent for the "doanything" capability, as I haven't found something like that? Do we just assign all the capabilities to a role and then call that admin?

Sorry if I'm missing an obvious thing here, but I'm just poring through code and it I'm not clear on how best to handle admin role-like behaviors for Moodle 2.0.

Thanks in advance!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Basil Gohar

Re: Moodle 2.0 Admin user or doanything capability?

by Basil Gohar -
Anyone have anything to share on this point?
In reply to Basil Gohar

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Basil,

As you've found, the doanything capability is no longer listed as a capability in Moodle 2.0. Instead there is a manager role which has lots of capabilities set to allow and which you can edit and add more if you wish. You can also assign more than one person the role of site administrator.

The admin role has caused a lot of confusion since roles and capabilities were added to Moodle 1.7. Hopefully these changes in 2.0 will prevent many of the problems resulting from misunderstanding the admin role.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Basil Gohar -
Thank you, Helen, for taking the time out to respond to me. We'll figure out how to adjust our needs to match Moodle's new defaults. I can understand the need for a change, because sometimes, even doanything...wouldn't allow you to do anything. smile