Comparisons and advocacy

Picture of Brian Peat
Re: Case study: Moodle loses to D2L

I'm glad I work for a ministry who trusted me when I looked at moodle and said I can build it, save us $7500 a year (or more if we pass the 300 student mark) and that it would be better organized and easier to use.

I was right and everyone is happy. Heck, our support for the students is quiet for 209 students logging into a brand new site we literally launched the week before class started. The biggest glitch was new students not understanding that if they don't do anything for a few hours they get logged out. Sure wish there was a "You're about to be logged out!!!" message that changed to a "you are now logged out" message on screen if they don't do anything past the session time. I had to set it to 6 hours (hacking the session page) and encourage the instructors to PLEASE tell the students to copy ALL their work.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Visvanath Ratnaweera
Re: Case study: Moodle loses to D2L
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers
> The biggest glitch was new students not understanding that if they don't do anything for a few hours they get logged out.

How tragic! People want to reach the summits and stumble upon the next pavement.

Average of ratings: -