Moodle 2.0 forum/discussion

Moodle 2.0 forum/discussion

by John Lawrence -
Number of replies: 2
Dear fellow Moodlers,

I am wondering if there is a specific forum to discuss the Moodle 2.0 Preview 1 release. I have installed this version on my computer and I am building/exploring for a course for Fall 2010.

So far I have 3 observations (not really bugs per se).

1. In Edit mode - Have to reselect "Add a resource" or "Add an activity" and then the item when you are doing multiple adds is just annoying. Is it possible to simply add as many items as you need rather than "add activity/activity/add activity/activity..."

2. Glossary - when attempting to add a new term, the detail window/editor did not size properly resulting in part of the definition being hidden on the RH side. I couldn't scroll over to see the hidden text either. When completed and saved, missing text was present and accounted for however it means that I have to be careful in my typing smile

3. Upload a file - I REALLY like the integration of the various types of CC licenses into the upload file window. Are you looking at integrating a jurisdiction specific aspect to the CC license (e.g. CC noncommercial share-alike CANADA)?

Keep up the great work! I am really looking forward to the full release and will be posting my site for fellow Moodler evaluation/comments when it is completed (not until Aug. 2010).

John Lawrence MMT, MTA
Edmonton, AB CANADA
E- mail: jlmt@telus.net
Twitter: JLisaMT

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to John Lawrence

Re: Moodle 2.0 forum/discussion

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
The most appropriate place for this post is the 'Testing and QA' forum ( http://moodle.org/mod/forum/view.php?id=56 ), although that does seem to have significantly less traffic than this one...
In reply to Davo Smith

Re: Moodle 2.0 forum/discussion

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
John, thanks for helping test Moodle 2.0 and for your observations.

David is correct in saying that the Testing and QA forum is the best place for Moodle 2.0 discussions. Thus I'm just moving this discussion...
Average of ratings: Useful (1)