File download errors suddently - please help

File download errors suddently - please help

by marc helfano -
Number of replies: 10
hi, i had tried to relocate some resource files to new subfolders in efforts to clean up the root folder of misc files.

now i get errors when tryting to download a student submitted assignments as well as when i create a reseouce that has the 'force download' checked off.

im getting this error specifically....

any help is appreciated, i assume it has to do with file.php and/or filelib.php errors as per the error msg.

thanks
marc

i really need to be able to download their powerpoint and excel/word submitted files!
mh

---------------------------
Notice: Undefined variable: portfolio in /home/content/m/a/g/magicmarc/html/moodle/file.php on line 60

Notice: Undefined variable: portfolio in /home/content/m/a/g/magicmarc/html/moodle/file.php on line 68

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/m/a/g/magicmarc/html/moodle/file.php:60) in /home/content/m/a/g/magicmarc/html/moodle/lib/filelib.php on line 697
%PDF-1.5 %âãÏÓ 10 0 obj <> endobj 15 0 obj <<>/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[<9F8171BE07B51FD7A0A7701D3E61C1DC>]/Index[10 15]/Info 9 0 R/Length 48/Prev 6503/Root 11 0 R/Size 25/Type/XRef/W[1 2 1]>>stream hÞbbd``b`r ~@‚±Ä]$~/a`bd˜ ’``$@ügÜò À�ÜÅâ endstream endobj startxref 0 %%EOF 24 0 obj <>stream hÞb```f``âg�6TÀÄ, ÈbÌPÌÀÐÈÀÅ ôŠªPà;TCXƒB1¹Lu\«’ Iåâ4RGÓ*ßü×ð¸2O|Œ×®üIÐrúZÎN‚öýâpÏÖ‚xLB„CQg3wÌ[y
Average of ratings: -
In reply to marc helfano

Re: File download errors suddently - please help

by marc helfano -
all help is appreciated as im stuck ,

im going to attach the file.php and filelib.php to the next replies in hopes someone can find the problem
In reply to marc helfano

by marc helfano -
here is the filelib.PHP
In reply to marc helfano

by Jon Witts -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Check for any white spaces after the closing php tag in your config.php file...
In reply to Jon Witts

by marc helfano -
hi,
jon, im not sure what you mean when you refer to white spaces after closing the php tag. i am soimewhat familiar with the config.php
In reply to marc helfano

by Jon Witts -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Marc,

at the end of the config.php file you will see:

// MAKE SURE WHEN YOU EDIT THIS FILE THAT THERE ARE NO SPACES, BLANK LINES,
// RETURNS, OR ANYTHING ELSE AFTER THE TWO CHARACTERS ON THE NEXT LINE.
?>

Make sure that there is nothing after the ?>

Jon
In reply to Jon Witts

by marc helfano -
thanks im trying it now, as i have to wait, im upgrading the files to 1.9.8 from 1.9.4, which takes awhile on godaddy.com servers
m

In reply to marc helfano

by marc helfano -
it
In reply to marc helfano

by marc helfano -
hi,
thanks.
i did remove a 'line break' and a space, and re ftp'd up.

and its seems to be downloading files now. thank you.

also, im now getting this error,

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$allowuserswitchrolestheycantassign in /home/content/m/a/g/magicmarc/html/moodle/lib/accesslib.php on line 4243

and when i do the course backup, including all user data it never finishes, the browser says done, but no backup file, and it stops at various points, i see content from the resources, and then the stoppage. backups just stop on their own, without completing, and without creating the .zip file
In reply to marc helfano

by marc helfano -
jon, thanks again.
whatever the blank spaces were ..i removed them and now i can down load the files to users!
thanks moodle.org and jon
m

In reply to marc helfano

by Jon Witts -
That's OK Marc; glad it is resolved.

Jon