the GO button in quiz edit

the GO button in quiz edit

by Murad Jamal -
Number of replies: 5

Hi all,

there are two buttons in the quiz edit page: save changes and Go ... both do the same thing : saving the changes made on marks and reloading the page.

but why there are two buttons with different captions (Go & Save Changes) ??

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Murad Jamal

Re: the GO button in quiz edit

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Well, one is associated with the options checkboxes, and the other is associated with the scores. The fact that both buttons actually save all the options (rather than risk losing data) does not change the fact that it makes sense to have two buttons in the UI.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Murad Jamal -

the GO button does not save any data at all in both cases: the option checkboxes & the scores.

it just reloads the same page with affected layout of questions (i mean with layout : page breaks and the display of reordering tool beside questions), when you play with both of these checkboxes, they will display results based on (onchecked event handler) but not based on pressing the GO button itself !!

however, when you press the Go button after you choose (let's say 3) questions to repaginate per page, it will display a new layout result in the questions above the checkboxes. (this is the only case that I can benefit from this button), moreover, if you quit the editing page, and return back to it, you will see your options that you've selected with those checkboxes got LOST !!

it's a useless button !!! right ?

In reply to Murad Jamal

by Murad Jamal -
mmm any useful reply please !!!!
In reply to Murad Jamal

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Actually, my memory was wrong before. There are two entirely separate forms there. One for the grades, and one for the display options.

The display options additionally have JavaScript to automatically reload when they are changed, but the button is kept for the benefit of people without JavaScript.